C4 Forums | Control4

Chime Video Doorbell setup and use

jfh

Hi

I have 2 quesrions:

Can I force the VDB to use 5ghz WiFi? - I have 2 units and one switches ith 5ghz, the other one stays at 2.4ghz even though 5ghz reception is good in that location. 

I just wanted to check the video on my TV which is hooked up my EA3 and noticed that it won't display the VDB video as it's 1600x1200 - the controller is 720p only. 

So far so logical but why the heck does the VDB not allow 720p??? - the next resolution below 1600x1200 is 1024x768 which I find is kinda ridiculous considering the VDB is a C4 product but still they aren't able to offer a uniform, 720p resolution to be distributed between their own product range! 

• 3 weeks later...

Ever get it working on the Luma NVR? I've got the chime in the Control4 system, but want to record to my Blue Iris NVR. The chime is ONVIF compatible, so figured it should work but so far haven't been able to get it to pull the video feed.

6 hours ago, joelk said:

Ever get it working on the Luma NVR? I've got the chime in the Control4 system, but want to record to my Blue Iris NVR. The chime is ONVIF compatible, so figured it should work but so far haven't been able to get it to pull the video feed.

I have it working, use Vivotek for protocol. 

10 minutes ago, joelk said:

Thanks. I ended up getting it working. There is a hidden URL extension for the Chime that allows all settings to be adjusted from the camera itself. Hopefully this is helpful for someone else also.

http://192.168.1.XXX/setup/network/network_streaming.html

Is this the elusive HTML setting page that we've been asking about for months?  Sure looks like it!!

Why wouldn't someone from C4 have told us about this?

Thanks for finding!!

image.thumb.png.8125d05b28104a7efe96979368053f34.png

So, I'm using the IP address of the camera, but...then its asking for a username and password to login. My control4.com password didn't work....would this have been a login info that was created specifically for the camera by my dealer?

Yes, it was a different password that I used when I added the camera to my network initially.  I followed the instructions that my dealer sent me.  

You would have to ask him for the password, but the user name is probably admin (the default).

1 hour ago, dinom said:

Is this the elusive HTML setting page that we've been asking about for months?  Sure looks like it!!

Why wouldn't someone from C4 have told us about this?

Thanks for finding!!

image.thumb.png.8125d05b28104a7efe96979368053f34.png

Haha, thats a great question. Does anyone know the difference between "Normal Light Mode" and "Profile Mode"? I also seem to need sensitivity to be above 90% otherwise it doesn't detect even a person walking up to the door. Not sure if thats normal.

I'm looking forward to actually playing with these settings, because yeah, even at 90% I have to be directly in front of the camera, 3 feet away to trigger it. But....at night...any light change (like a car's headlights reflecting off a wall), will set off the motion. Currently I also have programming created to automatically turn on the front lights when motion is triggered at night, and turn off after 5 minutes. But....when the lights turn off at 5 minutes, another motion triggers. So, I had to create a separate 5 min 30 sec timer, where if that timer is still running and motion is detected, DONT turn on the lights again. Otherwise motions were being triggered all night long every 5 minutes in a never ending cycle.

59 minutes ago, dinom said:

When I view my Chime in either the C4 app or on my T4, I don’t hear any sound. Is this normal?  

How are you viewing it?

My dealer added the chime as two separate things ( a camera and intercom).

Shows up in my app under Security -> Camera

and also Intercom -> Front Doorbell Intercom

If I go to security -> camera, I don't get sound. Though, if I view recorded motion history from that same area, the videos do have sound.

If I go to intercom -> front doorbell intercom, I do have sound.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else seeing issues with the IOS app showing the Chime in the Camera screen?  Many times I just get the spinning hourglass thingy and just a blank screen. Or it takes forever to show the feed but it eventually does. Other times it’s pretty instant. This is all on local network so not sure what’s going on. 

43 minutes ago, dinom said:

Anyone else seeing issues with the IOS app showing the Chime in the Camera screen?

Yup...just noticed this yesterday when I was testing out my Chime a bit more (it's not installed yet--still waiting for Cat6 behind doorbell to be run) and compare to my Unifi Doorbell. 

I couldn't get it to load in the C4 app and show anything, but if I rang the bell I got the alert nearly instantly via the Intercom app and it popped up with a feed nearly immediately. Wonder if a new update borked something.

Question for someone with the Chime doorbell:

Does the network / html page list the URLS for any of the following:

• JPEG image capture
  • MJPEG stream
  • RTSP stream

Trying to help a customer integrate this with SplashTiles and/or NetPlay.  Just need the above to get it going (hopefully)

34 minutes ago, videostorm said:

Question for someone with the Chime doorbell:

Does the network / html page list the URLS for any of the following:

• JPEG image capture
  • MJPEG stream
  • RTSP stream

Trying to help a customer integrate this with SplashTiles and/or NetPlay.  Just need the above to get it going (hopefully)

believe it is onvif compliant. think the driver documentation or dealer documentation has the urls avalaible as well to integrate it into nvrs.

38 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

believe it is onvif compliant. think the driver documentation or dealer documentation has the urls avalaible as well to integrate it into nvrs.

Driver docs don't have any URL info.  Onvif would be great but I don't have access to the actual hardware (so I can query the URLs)  :(

5 hours ago, tmj4 said:

Yup...just noticed this yesterday when I was testing out my Chime a bit more (it's not installed yet--still waiting for Cat6 behind doorbell to be run) and compare to my Unifi Doorbell. 

I couldn't get it to load in the C4 app and show anything, but if I rang the bell I got the alert nearly instantly via the Intercom app and it popped up with a feed nearly immediately. Wonder if a new update borked something.

I also noticed the camera comes up quickly on my T4 every time, even when it’s “stuck” loading on my iPhone. What’s odd is that it seems that viewing on the T4 fixes the issue temporarily on my phone, as when I try again it loads quickly on my phone.  

Also, calling the Chime from the Intercom Anywhere app also seems to “kick start” the camera view in the main app.  Hopefully this is a bug that is being worked on. I realize this doesn’t affect everyone, as my wife’s iPhone seems to work more consistently than mine. 

8 minutes ago, dinom said:

Also, calling the Chime from the Intercom Anywhere app also seems to “kick start” the camera view in the main app.  Hopefully this is a bug that is being worked on. I realize this doesn’t affect everyone, as my wife’s iPhone seems to work more consistently than mine. 

Seeing the same behavior when I've tested it. Feel like this shouldn't bee that difficult to figure out for C4 but what do I know 🤷‍♂️

On 4/29/2021 at 12:16 PM, dinom said:

Yes, through the the intercom app I get sound, but I have to “call” the doorbell.  Strange that the camera feed under security does not have sound.

The camera page doesn't do sounds so....

On 5/14/2021 at 12:47 PM, dinom said:

Anyone else seeing issues with the IOS app showing the Chime in the Camera screen?  Many times I just get the spinning hourglass thingy and just a blank screen. Or it takes forever to show the feed but it eventually does. Other times it’s pretty instant. This is all on local network so not sure what’s going on. 

I notice that it's slower than my 'regular' cameras or my DS2 which are basically instant while the chime shows me a spinning cirkle for a second (maybe less) - but no failure to load so far at all - what resolution do you have it set to?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.