C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE v3.2 - Programming Conditionals broken?

TundraSonic

I'm trying to write a simple toggle for a keypad button press. If lamp color is 0 (red) then... 

1 - It will not allow me to drag the conditional in to the program space as the first element. I have to place a command in to the space, drag the conditional to after the command then drag the command to below the conditional.

2 - It will not allow me to place a command within a conditional. I can drag the command before (up arrow) the conditional or after the conditional (down arrow) but not make it a part of the conditional (right arrow) so that it executes if the conditional is met.

3 - I cannot drag Else in to the program.

I've done dozens of these in 3.1. 

5 minutes ago, TundraSonic said:

I'm trying to write a simple toggle for a keypad button press. If lamp color is 0 (red) then... 

1 - It will not allow me to drag the conditional in to the program space as the first element. I have to place a command in to the space, drag the conditional to after the command then drag the command to below the conditional.

2 - It will not allow me to place a command within a conditional. I can drag the command before (up arrow) the conditional or after the conditional (down arrow) but not make it a part of the conditional (right arrow) so that it executes if the conditional is met.

3 - I cannot drag Else in to the program.

I've done dozens of these in 3.1. 

I've heard of this in Pro before, matter of the making sure you're in full window mode not smaller, and resize the centre a bit to force windows to reset where it displays and/or sees the ? (or others) icon.

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got time to fiddle with this some more. I downloaded and reinstalled a few times and on the 4th try it worked. A buddy who looked at how HE functions once running said that he wasn't surprised as there are a number of UI bits that are written quite poorly and the worst of it is that several things (like jumpiness in advanced lighting) are easily corrected. Oh well. It sort of works now!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.