C4 Forums | Control4

Videowall vs UST projector

ERDrPC

In our basement family room, I had 5 TV setup wired. One central 85" then 4 flanking TV. Currently have a 70" 1080p installed until I solve my problem.

The problem is my installer installed the in-wall speakers too narrowly. I only have a width of 132" to work with (all drywall and soundproofing is installed and painted). It seems like I would have to go with the Samsung 32" as the flanking TVs. However this will look terrible as their combined height isn't close to that of the central 85" screen. Since I have a JAP install, I was going to add the tiler so I could have all 5 screens as one large screen but that won't work if the TV edges don't line up. 

I could do 6 x 43" in a 2h x3w install but when trying to watch the central upper and lower screen, the image would look distorted and stretched vertically. 

Samsung and LG have announced UST projectors that can do 120 to 130". This gets me my big central TV but I lose my bar style flanking TV. Can the tiler work with the projector and show different input sources? 

Any ideas or suggestions? I'm trying to get the zero bezel look. 

Screenshot_20201026-193902_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201026-193720_Chrome.jpg

The only way to get bezel-less picture is to utilize either a large TV, projector or LED wall with a video tiler.

Traditional videowalls (using commercial displays) obviously give you bezels in the way.

Not really sure what you're asking for?  Yes, the tiler can have multiple sources on the screen.

Can the jap tiler take a ust projector and break up the projected single source nto 4 different sources? 

Any have suggestions for the 4 flanking TVs with minimal bezel to go around  a 85" Sony tv with the total height between the two flanking and 85" being similar

12 hours ago, ERDrPC said:

Can the jap tiler take a ust projector and break up the projected single source nto 4 different sources? 

Not sure if i understand correctly, but it works the other way round for this setup: you inject multiple sources into the tiler (what you fed into your multiple TVs before) and the tiler creates a combined video stream out of that that is sent to the projector.

12 hours ago, ERDrPC said:

Any have suggestions for the 4 flanking TVs with minimal bezel to go around  a 85" Sony tv with the total height between the two flanking and 85" being similar

I don´t think there´s a nice solution for this. Since you´re limited in the available space (width) of the installation, and screen height and width are tight to each other because of the standard aspect ratio of 16:9, the smaller the width gets, the smaller the height as well.

To be honest, i´d let your installer fix the inwall speaker position even if it means to open up the wall again. Were they specified to be installed wider and he installed against that specification?

The tiler works as described above.  Single display that allows you to have one large image or multiple tiled images based on the formats/layouts available on the tiler.

Agreed with the above though, if the speakers are the issue for you getting what you want, move the speakers and start fresh.

If the wall is all sheetrock based, this should be a simple patch/paint.

The wall is double acoustical drywall - so 4 x the normal drywall thickness. Not so easy to patch and repair. We don't have any left over. My installer knew my plan but why they installed the speaker where they did....???  I should have picked up on it but was dealing with a million other build issues at the time. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.