C4 Forums | Control4

Can't get faceplates on square switches!

I'm really stuck here... trying to clip the faceplates in and they only clip on if I loosen the keypad screws a bunch but doing so then makes the whole switch not secure / flush to the back box...

Old house (17th century) so i've had to surface mount but that shouldn't make a difference as it'a a standard UK back box....

Any ideas welcome? This is 1 of 15+

IMG_5188.jpeg

2 hours ago, J to the D said:

I have got something similar to this in my garage. I found you need to be millimetre perfect with the supports on the Control4 keypad. They need to sit on the surround of the surface box to ensure the facias fit correctly. 

Thanks!! With a lot of frustration and moving I’ve managed to get them all sorted... now to take them all off again when I get engraved 

I’ve used neodimuim magnets before to get keypads to fit into surface mount back boxes. I know you’re not supposed to but it works and they are pretty strong to the point  where you have to pry them off. 

so basically attach keypad to faceplate, get some ca glue and glue magnets to back of keypad, and the other end of magnet to surface mount back box. 

works like a charm 

Thanks 

Muj 

4 hours ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

I’ve used neodimuim magnets before to get keypads to fit into surface mount back boxes. I know you’re not supposed to but it works and they are pretty strong to the point  where you have to pry them off. 

so basically attach keypad to faceplate, get some ca glue and glue magnets to back of keypad, and the other end of magnet to surface mount back box. 

works like a charm 

Thanks 

Muj 

Nice idea! Thank you

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2020 at 2:49 PM, mujtaba.khokhar said:

works like a charm 

Thanks 

Muj 

Don’t suppose you have a photo of this or link to the magnets you used?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.