C4 Forums | Control4

Control for Wardrobe Lights

maskas

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to how I could control the internal wardrobe/cupboard lights via Control4. I would like the internal lights to come on whenever someone opens any of the cupboard doors, also I would like to manually turn the lights on via keypad/Control4 app, as the cupboard doors have glass fronts and the cupboard lights will also be used for ambient lights. Lastly the lights themselves will be powered by DALI drivers. 

I was thinking of using Reed switches hooked upto a relay in series and whenever a door opens the relay could trigger a response in Control4 to turn the lights on. If anyone has other ideas, or has done this before, would be great to hear. Thanks.

You got it - standard reed or button sensor - wire them in series to have them turn on whenever any single door is opened - just need to connect them through to a single sensor input.

Control won't go away, though you'll want to program in that if the lights are on before opening the sensor to not turn them off when closing it again so they stay on when desired.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.