C4 Forums | Control4

Cant load announcement .wav files to play for doorbell (3.2)

I tried the write up with using powershell and the link to update my computer (windows 10) but no luck.  I am not getting an error like the description says that solves.  I simply cannot 'Add' any files to play with the 'annoucement'.  This happened after upgrading from 2.10 to 3.2.  Very frustrated if someone knows another way of getting those .wav files onto my system.  Or a clever way of playing my doorbell sounds.

Jeff

23 minutes ago, malelan said:

this is a known bug that requires you to mark your network as private, if your network is public this doesnt work, its been in composer for like 6 years..

Yes I'm well aware of the requirements to make it work, however this is something different. Those requirements have all been checked and as I said it was working fine for 3 different clients of mine until they updated to 3.2... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 8:53 AM, Southerncentralrain said:

Has anybody been able to get this to work? I was hoping to change the doorbell sound to Christmas themed. 

For the last 10 years, I could just browse in HE to the file location, and it worked no problem. WIth the updates, that changed. I couldnt browse, and my images for My Movies didnt show in HE, yet they did on the OSD. I had to log into my HC800 in my network settings, and then it worked like a charm. Not sure if that's the same issue others are having. Not sure why it just started being an issue for me 

I’ve got a similar problem.  I use the Yatun Modbus driver which requires one to save a csv file on the controller for setup purposes.  This no longer works.  It appears (in my use case) that the controller area where one saves this (drivers\lua\sandbox) has become read only.  I have not been able to find a way to change this 😞

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.