c4forums | The Control4 Community

Cant load announcement .wav files to play for doorbell (3.2)

On 12/22/2020 at 1:07 PM, msgreenf said:

You can't. You should have never been able to write to that folder. Control4 has been hardening the OS. 

Quite right, I can’t... but my dealer was able to via Pro and changing some setting temporarily on the Controller (following input from Yatun).  I understand that Yatun are looking at a different way of dealing with this. I would guess that a better front end for the Modbus parameters is on the cards.  

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 5:39 PM, chopedogg88 said:

None that I'm aware of. Not even sure if Control4 is aware of it. 

Having the same issue. Is there a good way to notify control4 directly about the bug? Does the company have a bug report feature?

Just now, JE23 said:

I talked to C4 today. They know about the bug and it is patched in the next release. 

Internally they have the next release ready but no confirmed date on when it will be available for customer use. 

Great news! Thanks for talking with them about it and being proactive.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All, does anyone know if this update is available yet? I can't update/change/delete any of my advanced announcements for the doorbells, other announcements, they are all completely broken under Agents, Announcements. Browsing to the \\%controllerIP%\media\announcements - they are all there and present. I am currently on 3.2.1.589103-res of HE.

Any help appreciated.