C4 Forums | Control4

Assorted C4 For Sale: 2/6 Button Keypads, Dimmers, Thermostats, etc.

chrislev

*** UPDATE - See Post #6 for Updated Info and Pricing ***

Hi everyone,

I am selling the following Control4 hardware. Feel free to email, call 801-784-6801, or post any questions.

2 2-button keypads, new in box, $70 each.

2 6-button keypads, new in box, $100 each.

2 wireless dimmers, white, new in box, $90 each.

1 wireless switch, white, new in box, $90.

2 Thermostats, new but opened (use for testing/programming) $250 each.

1 Contact/Relay extender, new opened box.

1 HTC-1 home theater controller, new opened box used for testing.

1 Speaker Point, New in opened box, $350.

If you are in the Salt Lake City area, we can arrange a face-to-face. I am in Kaysville.

I would prefer to sell this all at once or in a few pieces instead of one item at a time so I'll negotiate.

I've attached all open box items to my 1.7.3 system for testing and burn-in so everything is guaranteed working and updated. I'm willing to burn in the dimmers, switches and keypads as well (I have test harnesses for these)

All listed items were purchased NEW directly from Control4.

Thanks!

Chris Levin

chris @at@ rocklizard (period.) org

Chris.

Sorry I got called out of town on a business emergency and I do not know when I will be availlable again. I do not have access to e-mail, but I do not believe that it is fair for me to hold you up. I will have to pass this time Sorry for any trouble I created.

BKrause

Hi Group,

I have added and adjusted prices and updated the information on the items I am selling. Based on several emails I have also put together a few package deals with discounted prices.

Item								Qty	Unit$	Total
-------------------------------------------------------
2 button keypad, white - 2 $70 : $140
6 button keypad, KBZ-6B1, white- 2 $90 : $180
Dimmer, LDZ-101, white - 2 $90 : $180
Wireless switch, LSZ-101, white- 1 $90 : $90
Thermostat CCZ-T1W, white - 2 $200 : $400
Contact/Relay extender - 1 $150 : $150
HTC-1 home theater controller - 1 $150 : $150
Speaker point - Ethernet - 1 $350 : $350

(Sorry for the formatting, I can't seem to get the forum software to make clean table. This is best I could come up with.)

PACKAGE DEALS WITH PRICE DISCOUNTS:

Package 1 – Take it, all! Everything on the list for: $1375.00

Package 2 – Keypads, dimmers and switch package deal (the items on lines 1 – 4): $530

Package 3 - Other hardware. The thermostats, contact/relay, HTC-1 and speaker point (lines 5 – 8) : $945

Prices do NOT include shipping or insurance.

Payment accepted in cash (for local, face-to-face), Bank Wire Transfer, Postal Money Order.

If you pay by wire transfer I will ship the items the same day you make payment and I will pay the first $25 in shipping.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Chris Levin

Newbie question. What do you mean when you say "I'm willing to burn in the dimmers, switches and keypads as well (I have test harnesses for these)" What do you burn? Why do you need to do this? Does every new dimmer and switch need to be burned? Does every dealer/installer have a harness to do this? If I had a DIY project and wanted to install a dimmer in an existing system, would I need a harness to burn the new dimmer before I installed it? What about the C4 warranty? I I purchased any of the above C4 equipment would it be covered under C4 warranty? Alternatively, since I would not be purchasing this equipment from a dealer would it not be covered under the manufacturer warranty?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

He's just guaranteeing that the dimmers will be functional when you get them.

A very small, but non-zero number of dimmers from any manufacturer will not work out of the box, or fail within a small time. A burn-in test will weed those out, but is not typically needed for Control4 dimmers, as the chance of getting a bad dimmer off the bat is now pretty low.

As far as warranty issues, I believe that items purchased second-hand online are not covered under the Control4 warranty, and all warranty issues have to go through a dealer in any case.

RyanE

thecodeman, can you say that again in english? What is image retention, and what is the RGB?

I was totally joking about "burn-in" and "image retention" (as normally referenced to plasma displays of old) and preventing it on the RGB lights for the dimmers/switches.... which is a non issue... sorry for the bad joke it's been a day. :/

He's just guaranteeing that the dimmers will be functional when you get them.

A very small, but non-zero number of dimmers from any manufacturer will not work out of the box, or fail within a small time. ..

RyanE

As Ryan says it's to make sure everything is working before I ship it out. Powering up the equipment and attaching it to a working system also ensures that everything has the latest updates installed. Most of this equipment has been packed away as spare parts and for development and testing uses. Properly packed and stored electronics should be fine for any reasonable storage time but there are always exceptions.

The burn in period lets me guarantee to the buyer that the equipment is in perrfect working condition. I would not be comfortable doing that with something that's been in a box for 18 months.

Hope that answers your question.

Chris

Archived