C4 Forums | Control4

Apple tv and Youtube Tv initial start up NO SIGNAL at times

tims

Hey guys,

I have been having issues with something that I could use help on... When I program the tv to turn on it is very inconsistent as to how it comes on...ie... the tv comes on and sometimes goes right to the youtube TV channel it was left on then sometimes it just comes on and struggles to find apple TV for some reason ie..... It seems like it could be an HDMI switching issue but I am unsure. Attached is a video of what I see sometimes... I could use some opinions as to how to get this resolved. 

Attached is the simple programming and a screenshot of the NO SIGNAL

So what happens is I hit the Tv button
APPLE TV HDMI 2 displays on TV
Youtube TV displays on TV
Then the tv goes to the channel but sometimes.. This happens where it appears that the TV shows as if there is no signal

Thanks guys!

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 8.55.20 AM.png

IMG_170C1CD55F6E-1.jpeg

I’ve got the same challenge at my holiday house and never figured out why as I also have set the Apple TV’s not to sleep...

Another strange phenomena that I have is that if I press the up button (on say Netflix) then I see the progress bar perfectly on my Apple TV at my holiday home.  If I do the same on my home AppleTV, I see the progress bar for half a second and then it disappears.  I’ve never been able to figure out what the difference is between the 2 setups as the driver properties appear identical...

Apple! Love / hate relationship...

Having the same issue on the ATV in our living room. Very inconsistent though. Sometimes works but most of the time does not. Sometimes I have to turn the room off and then press Watch / ATV to get it to work.

However, the ATV's in our master suite (one ATV serves 4 TV panels + audio > Triad matrix > amps > speakers), gym and elsewhere seem to always work.  I'm wondering if this ATV (all were purchased new in May 2020) is just funky and needs to be replaced.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.