C4 Forums | Control4

Sony Z9F Proper Setup

Elvis

We have the Sony Z9F soundbar in our family room. The room is downstairs and very open so it is never going to be a home theater with a full speaker setup. I just heard a demo of this thing while out shopping and the guy was demoing Atmos. It was incredible. Mine, is just eh. The assistant in the showroom was not the expert and the guy doing the demo was making the sale of the year so I didn't want to bug him and ran out of time. His assistant did say, it's hooked up to an Apple 4k TV which puts out Atmos. We use the trailer from The Mandolorian to test things out.

So the soundbar only has two inputs. Right now the majority of the devices, including the ATV 4k, are connected directly to the TV and the TVs eARC HDMI port is connected to the soundbar's HDMI eARC.

I'm thinking I should connect the ATV to the Soundbar HDMI 1 and Dish to HDMI 2 instead. And then run the HDMI eARC (Out) from the soundbar to one of the TVs 4k HDMI inputs.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

I don't think that would change the way it sounds as a digital signal is a digital signal.

It was likely the room you heard it demo'ed in. It was probably better acoustically speaking. They might have done a different calibration or EQ on the speakers but I dont think changing how the HDMIs are plugged in is going to dramtically improve sound quality.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.