C4 Forums | Control4

Programming off of the end of a song, album or playlist state?

foxfire

Hi C4 community,

I'm looking to program off of an event or variable if and when a song, album or playlist finishes through the native My Music service. I can't immediately see a way for a macro to kick in when, for instance, a song has finished playing.

Has anyone been successful at achieving this or know of any workarounds? I use the Triad audio mixer and 2 Triad amps, so I thought perhaps there's a way to "listen" for no sound output over a few seconds to determine the music was done playing and then trigger my programming off of that, but no luck there so far.

I've been doing a fair bit of programming in HE (3.2.0) so I'm familiar with how to use variables, controls, event logging, conditionals, etc.

Thanks!

Peter

48 minutes ago, foxfire said:

Hi C4 community,

I'm looking to program off of an event or variable if and when a song, album or playlist finishes through the native My Music service. I can't immediately see a way for a macro to kick in when, for instance, a song has finished playing.

Has anyone been successful at achieving this or know of any workarounds? I use the Triad audio mixer and 2 Triad amps, so I thought perhaps there's a way to "listen" for no sound output over a few seconds to determine the music was done playing and then trigger my programming off of that, but no luck there so far.

I've been doing a fair bit of programming in HE (3.2.0) so I'm familiar with how to use variables, controls, event logging, conditionals, etc.

Thanks!

Peter

I would use the room control driver and program off that. 

On 11/30/2020 at 3:22 PM, msgreenf said:

I would use the room control driver and program off that. 

Ah, thanks! I searched for this driver but I assume it's a Control4 driver that my dealer can install? Or is it a paid 3rd party driver? Either way, it sounds like a powerful driver to have available from what I can gather from this forum.

1 hour ago, foxfire said:

Ah, thanks! I searched for this driver but I assume it's a Control4 driver that my dealer can install? Or is it a paid 3rd party driver? Either way, it sounds like a powerful driver to have available from what I can gather from this forum.

free driver. Any dealer can install it.  Happy to help if you are intersted

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.