C4 Forums | Control4

Control 4 not working with DirecTV

Control 4 remote works to turn on TV, control volume and mute while in the DirecTV mode but no other buttons are functional.  When I switch to other ancillary programs, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu, the remote works as expected.

In order to pause DirecTV, change channels, record a program; I have to use the DirecTV remote control which works exactly as it is supposed to.

All other TVs in the house use the DirecTV remote control and are working as expected.

I have booted my Control 4 remote by removing the batteries.  I have booted the DirecTV DVR twice.  I have booted the main router to the house.  Nothing has worked.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

It could be a few things. 

no1 if the box is controlled via IR the flasher may have fallen off or stopped working. You can test this by putting the box on and standing in front of it and pushing buttons from Control4 to see if the IR bud flashes. 

no2 if the box is connected via IP the boxes IP address may have changed and needs to be re entered into composer

youll need a dealer to do the IP change.

PM me if you’d like me to assist you in diagnosing further. 

Thanks 

Muj 

Thank you, Muj.  I believe that I have found out what the issue was.  It appears that the IR "bud" had fallen off of the DirecTV DVR and was not receiving the signal.  I have not been able to test this yet, but it appears that is what had happened.

Thanks for following up with my question.

Eric

10 hours ago, Ericgator said:

Thank you, Muj.  I believe that I have found out what the issue was.  It appears that the IR "bud" had fallen off of the DirecTV DVR and was not receiving the signal.  I have not been able to test this yet, but it appears that is what had happened.

Thanks for following up with my question.

Eric

No problem at all! Glad you got it sorted 

Thanks 

Muj

• 8 months later...

I am having the same problem as Eric had.  Control 4 remote wont change the direct tv channel but does all other functions.  The IR red light on the bud flashes when I try to change the tv channel but it wont change the channel 

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2021 at 1:28 PM, msgreenf said:

You should use the IP driver 

What if IP is not an option? I had a request from a client today who has noted that their "red button" no longer allows them to delete DVR saves.

This is a takeover job for me on a couple of levels. First level, a dealer no longer in business. Second level, a programmer hopeful who left a lot of messes for me to clean up. Which until this project, hasn't been difficult. This is one of two major hurdles left. This is my other somewhat related issue.

• 11 months later...

Having similar problems. Using ip.  Intermittent control of direct tv.  The set and roku work fine.  It’s direct tv that I lose every other day.  We have tried several fixes. Network is good. Address is good. Just hit or miss. Often same day it changes.  Any help appreciated!  Thanks 

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.