C4 Forums | Control4

OS 3.2.1 Released

msgreenf

On 12/7/2020 at 11:26 AM, ILoveC4 said:

Nevermind - I just force closed the app and it's there now.

That didn’t work for me. I have the latest iOS app, and OS 3.2.1.  I tried rebooting my controller, force quit and reinstalled iOS app but not seeing anything different in any room including the ones with T3s, also nothing in side menu or settings. I have to be missing something obvious. 

So still occasionally getting multiple notifications instead of just 1 from the push. Also wife's iPhone got the updated app and has intercom but with a quirk. She can only use intercom on her phone if she goes to a room where intercom is favorited. If she clicks the C4 logo for ANY room none show intercom as an options which on my phone it does. Do I or dealer need to enable something?

16 hours ago, THE L1ZARD KING said:

That didn’t work for me. I have the latest iOS app, and OS 3.2.1.  I tried rebooting my controller, force quit and reinstalled iOS app but not seeing anything different in any room including the ones with T3s, also nothing in side menu or settings. I have to be missing something obvious. 

For me, there was a pop up when I opened the app (after force closing it) and now the Intercom is in there. I didn’t reboot my controller or do anything beyond updating it. Are you sure your director is running 3.2.1?

50 minutes ago, THE L1ZARD KING said:

Accidental release? Glad to know it’s not just me. 

I don’t think it was an accident, because they said it was coming in November and it’s been in test flight builds for at least 6 weeks. I’m guessing there just may have been something unexpected and they thought they could retract before anyone noticed? Who really knows...

1 hour ago, ILoveC4 said:

I don’t think it was an accident, because they said it was coming in November and it’s been in test flight builds for at least 6 weeks. I’m guessing there just may have been something unexpected and they thought they could retract before anyone noticed? Who really knows...

Well a lot of people noticed! 🤣

Muj

<rant>

3.2.1 update!   Lovely... all music stored on NFS is gone so I have to scan my entire music library (again) and rebuild all playlists from scratch.

To make matters worse, C4 still refuses to make an Apple version of Composer HE, I guess they don't think their ownership base uses Apple much.

Now have to dig out some old Windows laptop to do this (or anything related to C4).

</rant>

24 minutes ago, Destroyer of Worlds said:

<rant>

3.2.1 update!   Lovely... all music stored on NFS is gone so I have to scan my entire music library (again) and rebuild all playlists from scratch.

</rant>

Try restoring mm.db from your latest backup via putty.  In /Control4/db on the controller delete mm.db.corrupt, move over a copy of mm.db from the backup file from windows and reboot.  Unless something else has changed in 3.2.1 you should have your music and playlists back.

I haven’t upgraded to 3.2.1 yet but every time I have to restore a backup mm.db becomes corrupted (same symptoms as you) and I have to fix it manually.

6 hours ago, jfh said:

but every time I have to restore a backup mm.db becomes corrupted (same symptoms as you) and I have to fix it manually.

That sounds like there is some sort of error in the file, that during an update is detected and marked as corrupt, and you're just writing a faulty file back - often C4 tech support IS able to find it in these kind of situations.

31 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

That sounds like there is some sort of error in the file, that during an update is detected and marked as corrupt, and you're just writing a faulty file back - often C4 tech support IS able to find it in these kind of situations.

Makes sense as mm.db ends up corrupted every time I do a restore.  But if I manually move the mm.db backup over I’m still able to scan / add new music / do new backups.  I already rebuilt everything from scratch once or twice and still had the problem so, at least for now, it’s not worth spending $ for support to look at it.  (I’ve been in this situation since 2.9.x or 2.10.x I think).

I’m more concerned that what Destroyer mentioned might be a new problem since I thought there was a bug fix related to media scanning in 3.2.1.

17 minutes ago, WisC4 said:

was the end-result here that 3.2.1. no longer incorporates intercom anywhere into the standard iOS c4 app?  I'm updated both on mobile app and director side but don't have integrated intercom functionality.

Not at the moment - You still need the Intercom App 

It was included for about 24 hours and then was removed 

1 minute ago, wnpublic said:

sigh.  increasingly worried that this system is going to be an albatross around my neck whenever it comes time to sell.

You just sell the house with the electronics "as is". Tell the potential buyer he will need to link up with a dealer (or reccomend yours) to take over the system and make it work for the new owner. As long as you mention this and they are aware of it, it shouldnt be an issue

Don't say "Oh yeah the C4 system is absolutely perfect and everything is mint. Couldn't be any better" just be honest with the potential buyers.

1 hour ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Not at the moment - You still need the Intercom App 

It was included for about 24 hours and then was removed 

And reappeared on my system, for an hour or two today and then vanished again... I got excited when I saw calls from the intercom appearing as C4 (not intercom anywhere) and then disappointed when they reverted to intercom anywhere!

1 hour ago, South Africa C4 user said:

And reappeared on my system, for an hour or two today and then vanished again... I got excited when I saw calls from the intercom appearing as C4 (not intercom anywhere) and then disappointed when they reverted to intercom anywhere!

Is it possible we need to remove the Intercom Anywhere app for the integrated app intercom to work?

2 hours ago, wnpublic said:

sigh.  increasingly worried that this system is going to be an albatross around my neck whenever it comes time to sell.

i sold my first C4 house about 5 years ago. When selling, I gave the buyer and demo and offered to completely remove the system, including all 180 light switches, cameras, tv’s, etc. The buyer kept the entire system, and both parties were happy. I would not worry about selling a C4 house.

34 minutes ago, C4 User said:

i sold my first C4 house about 5 years ago. When selling, I gave the buyer and demo and offered to completely remove the system, including all 180 light switches, cameras, tv’s, etc. The buyer kept the entire system, and both parties were happy. I would not worry about selling a C4 house.

Did you have different sale price figures based on whether the system was included or not?  If so, any idea what % of cost the C4 up charge was?

3 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Its starting to become a biAmateur Hour  - Which does worry me a lot. 

Fingers crossed they sort it 

22 minutes ago, jfh said:

Did you have different sale price figures based on whether the system was included or not?  If so, any idea what % of cost the C4 up charge was?

We built our house with the system integrated into the build plan.  In my case, I'd price the house assuming the C4 infrastructure goes with it.  Most of the gear has near zero market value after 3 years so removing it doesn't provide me much value.  If the buyer didn't want the light control capability, it would be a non-trivial cost to retrofit by installing multi-gang box traditional switches at all the places where I have single-gang, multi-button KD's, re-run speaker wires to local sites, etc.  So I'd explain/demo to the buyer the benefits and capabilities of the system, the challenges of de-installing the system, and the many decisions and options for how to de-install partial scope.  If after that they still didn't want the system, I'd recommend they contract with someone after the sale to retrofit (and cross my fingers I didn't lose the buyer).

I view it more like a decision on whether to remodel the kitchen before you sell the house.  Or selling a car with the Nav system originally installed and the buyer may be happy using their phone instead to save some $$.  You have to look at your own situation and market and make your best call.  No OSFA on this one.

4 minutes ago, cdcllc said:

I view it more like a decision on whether to remodel the kitchen before you sell the house.  Or selling a car with the Nav system originally installed and the buyer may be happy using their phone instead to save some $$.  You have to look at your own situation and market and make your best call.  No OSFA on this one.

I agree with you in general; was just curious about real-world experiences.

I suspect by the time I sell my house I won’t really care.  

However, it may be like selling a house with a pool.  It used to be considered a selling point.  Now many consider it a liability.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.