C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 T3 Series 7”

Zee

Hi, I am facing an issue with my Control4 T3 Series 7” In-Wall Touch Screen it started to few days ago. The screensaver started to malfunction by going off screensaver without touching the screen. Then randomly buttons started clicking without touching the screen.

I have a video of buttons being clicked on and off nonstop. IE Under intercom settings the do not disturb toggle is turning on/off constantly. I am afraid that my garage overhead door or doorlocks could unlock or open randomly causing a security risk. I talked with my dealer, we reset the T3, didn’t work, we erased all the data and content and restarted, didn’t work, he reinstalled the driver, that didn’t work, he pushed a software update, that didn’t work either then he said the screen is faulty and I have to buy a new one since it is out warranty by 2 years. I got this product in Aug 2016.

This screen was installed on the wall in my master bedroom. I mainly used it as clock, a very expensive one. 99% of the time I use my phone app we barely touched the screen. It’s like brand new.  I would really appreciate some advise.

Thanks, 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.