C4 Forums | Control4

Pandora Locking Up on 3.1.2

Anyone having problems with Streaming pandora via control4 app, touch screen or remote?

Pandora will automatically start a station as soon as you click the Pandora Icon, not allowing you to choose a station or playlist. Then the Pandora interface completely locks up, shows the loading icon forever and never allows you to choose a station. 

When going back to the sessions screen, nothing shows playing yet but we are still hearing the randomly selected Pandora music playing. Trying to play a different source and it seems that Pandora glitch locks up the entire control4 app and doesn’t allow you to do anything until you close out of the app, reopen it and play anything but Pandora. 

We have experienced and replicated this exact issue on 3 separate systems today all running 3.1.2. EA 1, EA 1, and an EA-5. Reinstalling the Pandora driver does not fix it. This was also attempted on 2 different Pandora accounts. 

On 12/19/2020 at 8:40 PM, cjh said:

YES! Happening to me too. ea3/3.2.1. Exactly the same. When it does work, it plays 1 song then stops.

Our customer has an HC800/3.2.1 and playing the free pandora version. It stops playing after 2 or 3  songs and will not play again until you chose pandora as a source again. We have tried several times with C4 tech support, reload driver, update OS, still the same problem.

Just a thought ... we are also using the free pandora and I have considerable ad blocking enabled on the network. Have not yet tried to whitelist Pandora or turn off pihole to see if that makes a difference. Anyone else who is having c4/Pandora issues using an adblocking dns service? Could this be caused because pandora is trying to insert an ad?

12 hours ago, cjh said:

Just a thought ... we are also using the free pandora and I have considerable ad blocking enabled on the network. Have not yet tried to whitelist Pandora or turn off pihole to see if that makes a difference. Anyone else who is having c4/Pandora issues using an adblocking dns service? Could this be caused because pandora is trying to insert an ad?

Most likely.  It is advised to not use such things like PiHoles, unless you know what you’re doing. 

1 hour ago, lippavisual said:

Most likely.  It is advised to not use such things like PiHoles, unless you know what you’re doing. 

Been using pihole w/c4 for years - pandora and all has been working great. Given no ads and crap on our network, I’d probably get rid of c4 before I got rid of pihole :)

31 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

I bet Pandora made changes and pihole is blocking it

Very possible. I’ll change dns on the ea3, flush DNS cache and try again. Don’t have time today. 

Q though is are all the others experiencing problems running pihole too? Doubtful :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.