C4 Forums | Control4

NEEO remote / physical button for play/pause

zan12uk

I know its possible to assign the central "OK" button to also play/pause digital audio

Does anyone know a way to get the OK button to play/pause a video source (Apple TV / directv )

having to swipe multiple times through the touchscreen menu to pause viewing is such a backwards step compared to SR260.

would be happy to pay for a modified driver if someone can write in this functionality.

thanks and happy holidays

alex

34 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

The OK button does play/pause in my AppleTV and Roku. 

It would, as OK/Enter DOES play/pause on those devices anyway - the code isn't changed 'on the fly'. Think it's the same for digital audio.

I doubt you'd WANT it to do play/pause on directv, as I would assume it'll prevent you from pressing ok/enter on the guide....

You could program (or edit a driver) against selecting some other devices to (ie IF current device is blu-ray player) to send a play/pause command on pressing channel up/down, but again for a cable box that wouldn't work.

The Neeo really isn't a good choice for 'standard' set-top box use....

Hard button now playing control *ONLY* does something when you're listening to Digital (Streaming) Audio, like audio from TuneIn / Pandora / Quobuz / iHeartRadio / etc...

When anything else is selected (video devices, audio devices that are not Control4 Digital Audio streaming from local or streaming services), the OK button sends the 'ENTER' command (the same command as 'SELECT' sends on the SR250/SR260).

RyanE

If they're IR drivers.....

You could edit the driver. Add a custom IR command "Engage" which is the IR code for Enter, then delete the Enter IR command so no code is sent when pressing OK by default.

Then when Menu or Guide is pressed, start a timer.
If timer is running, when OK is selected send Engage and cancel timer, else send Play/Pause.

This is one thing that I really don't like about the Neeo.  I ride the Skip buttons very hard when watching TV as my TV watching is primarily sports where I skip through stops in play, commercials, halftime, etc, and to do this you need physical buttons WAY more than a fancy screen.  Neeo has style but, at least IMHO, it is sorely lacking in substance.At a minimum it should have at least six hard transport buttons, Play, Pause, Rew, FF, SkipFwd, SkipBack

Most apple tv apps will allow to have the OK/Select button to play and pause. It's more of a feature of the Apple TV rather than a control4 thing. 

another thing is the skip 10 seconds thing on apple tv, with left and right navigation buttons while video is playing, works with most apps except Disney+, now it's a Disney+ this as theyv'e not implemented this. 

like @Cyknight said IR remote commands are not changed on the fly. 

You could try the IP driver to see if your millage improves. 

Thanks 

Muj

So, I’ve got “extra” remotes as the SR250’s have no value and no point in getting rid of them. In my basement theater area, on the bar between the theater and game room, I have both a NEEO and an SR250. The NEEO gets used more than the SR250, but they both get used. This is primarily the kids. 

In the bedroom I have a NEEO on my nightstand and my wife has an SR250 on hers. She’d take a NEEO, but also doesn’t care so I save the $$$.

On 12/31/2020 at 4:01 PM, zaphod said:

This is one thing that I really don't like about the Neeo.  I ride the Skip buttons very hard when watching TV as my TV watching is primarily sports where I skip through stops in play, commercials, halftime, etc, and to do this you need physical buttons WAY more than a fancy screen.  Neeo has style but, at least IMHO, it is sorely lacking in substance.At a minimum it should have at least six hard transport buttons, Play, Pause, Rew, FF, SkipFwd, SkipBack

I do as well, on my roku the right and left of the four way are the skip buttons.  Holding it down goes in FF/Rew.  Works great.  

6 hours ago, DanITman said:

I do as well, on my roku the right and left of the four way are the skip buttons.  Holding it down goes in FF/Rew.  Works great.  

Again though, that is device specific - not a 'feature' of the Neeo as such. Those same buttons do the same thing on an SR260

• 3 months later...

What do your guys’ NEEO remote screens look like with Apple TV? I’m getting a standard media player style screen interface with 3 screens - I was hoping for a bit more specific to Apple TV.  Also, does anyone know if Neeo can do gestures like the iOS C4 app can?

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, NathanCole said:

Is there a way to get rid of the EJECT button on the interface? Just provided one for a client and he's almost disgusted at it. I get it, it doesn't have any real meaning in the Apply TV world.

No. The apple tv driver uses the media player proxy and there is no way to customize proxies. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.