C4 Forums | Control4

Ezlo plus (or any other) drivers

Ashkan

Hi, 

Vera hubs got replaced by Ezlo (bought and slowly being replaced m firmware and hardware). This means the old micasa Verde drive won't work, have anyone hear anything on plans from either side to have the driver rewritten for control4 to support the new hubs or firmware? 

With control4 not supporting a variety of zwave device, vera was always the savour, this would not be good for the average Joe.. 

19 minutes ago, Ashkan said:

UPDATE: A leader in Vera (Ezlo) forum said the driver development for Control4 is in their integration roadmap. :D

Well that's welcome news!  It would be nice to have refreshed drivers and hopefully more drivers.  I would add that when I looked into this on their forums, people pointed out that you have to do the upgrade manually so as long as you don't upgrade the existing integration will stay in place theoretically forever because it is local via telnet with C4.  I don't know that I totally buy that because there could be some gotcha that relies on the cloud at some point in the existing platform - but for what it is worth......

1 hour ago, Ashkan said:

UPDATE: A leader in Vera (Ezlo) forum said the driver development for Control4 is in their integration roadmap. :D

That is great news!  Since I've set of blinds on Ezlo that don't otherwise integrate with Control4 without some XML hack.  It would also be nice if C4 let us write ZWave drivers. :)

• 4 months later...

Most likely it will never happen.... the leader that is mentioned above is putting on the roadmap whatever you ask on the forum but i'm not confident that he understand what are people asking

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.