C4 Forums | Control4

Apple TV Stopped Working Overnight - IP

2 hours ago, PorterTX said:

I am assuming you have already tried power cycling the apple TV.  First guess is that your router may have changed the IP address if it was not static.   

Don't need IP on the Apple Bridge / Apple TV driver...

1 hour ago, cdcllc said:

Looks like you may have already compared driver / TVOS alignment - but any chance a new version of TVOS got auto-installed last night?  Or a driver auto-update?

Thanks have checked and no updates, both been fine on latest version.

1 hour ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Which driver?  Intrinsic or native C4 Apple Bridge?

Apple Bridge

1 hour ago, fredsoneya said:

After upgrading to 3.2.1 this has resolved the issue. 

I am having the same issue and I am on 3.2.1.  the remote is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting.  I am on the latest appleTV driver using homekit.  The devices have a static IP.  The apple remote on my phone is the only way I can control them.  I have a 4k connected to an onkyo.  a 4k HDR connected to an onkyo and two 4g apple TV's connected to a video matrix.  I have bounced C4 and the apple TV's over and over.  All of the apple TV's are in separate rooms in homekit.

One additional bit of info:  I am running a /24 vlan, UDM Pro connected to an XG-16 SFP Switch via 10g fiber with three 48 port switches off the xg-16 via 10g fiber.  Also have some other switches with 1 gb fiber as well as ap's off one of the 48 port switches.  i am running DPI and IDS from the UDM Pro.  I realize Ubiquiti is on the naughty list with C4 but I have lots of clients with this setup that have ZERO issues

This has been going on for a while.  It's frustrating.  I about ready to rip the damn bridge driver out and move it to the new IR driver 

Thoughts appreciated.

Have had the IP driver stop working on me. Luckily, had the installer put IR buds on every ATV so just switched over to IR.

I’m not thrilled with the operation compared to the IP driver. It registers the button presses just fine but the play/pause/select button is wonky and VERY dependent on whether you are in an app watching something or on a menu screen - and each app is acting a bit differently.

Spoke with a great remote programmer I met on this forum and he said he’s seeing this quite a bit as well.

Biggest issue with this is trying to use the Neeo. Wanted to replace an SR-260 with a Neeo for the wife but can only use the select key to actually select on most apps - not play/pause like with the IP driver (again, works in some apps, not in others). So we end up having to use the touch screen navigation controls which makes the SR-260 a better option even for streaming,

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there, I’m sure there are multiple IR drivers so looking forward to hearing as people try some new ones and report back.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, penn65000 said:

Reboot controller and router. We’ve had issue and use C4 IP driver. First step reboot ATV. Second step reboot controller and router. 

this happened to me this past week also after an atv update.  rebooted atv, no dice.

rebooted controller and was up and working.

I finally ripped out our AppleTV’s in favor of more Rokus. Wish I’d done it earlier. Sold the used AppleTV’s for the same price as the new (better spec) Rokus. The Roku is just way more consistent and flexible from a control perspective. They support airplay too. I really see no downside…they even have the AppleTV service. 

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, ekohn00 said:

Not correct. the Apple TV 4K has a gigE port and supports 4k HDR.

FWIW, 4K HDR streaming is only 25MB (Netflix recommendation) so you really don't even need the gigE

Same with Plex.

Was going to say I've streamed 4k hdr off plex to my Roku Ultra without issues. Usually if issues codec problems. 

15 minutes ago, Neo1738 said:

Was going to say I've streamed 4k hdr off plex to my Roku Ultra without issues. Usually if issues codec problems. 

Plex îs an interesting animal at times...  I know on the AppleTV I've been able to use Infuse in place of the Plex app whenever there are "issues". Lately though the new plex player has been pretty solid. 

39 minutes ago, ekohn00 said:

Plex îs an interesting animal at times...  I know on the AppleTV I've been able to use Infuse in place of the Plex app whenever there are "issues". Lately though the new plex player has been pretty solid. 

What do you see as the benefits of Plex over InFuse on the ATV? Just wondering as I’ve never used Plex. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.