C4 Forums | Control4

Strange C4 Behaviour

I seem to be having some very strange C4 activity. The first issue is the feedback is incredibly slow both within the iOS app and on the SR260. When I turn the lights on it doesn't seem to update any icons for a long period of time. In addition I have one room where the lighting icon on the front screen shows there being one or many of the light loads on yet when I go into the lights for that room they are all off...

Probably most annoying is the behaviour when turning on and off lights. This happens on multiple room and loads.

When turning on, the lights will turn on, then off and then back on again.

When turning off, the lights turn off, then on and then back off again.

I was initially concerned this a wifi network issue as it was happening when using the app (I only have iOS devices), however I have since discovered the same behaviour when using an SR260 which I presume only uses the Zigbee network.

There was hope the new update might fix the issues but having just done the update, it has not fixed the issues.

Any one experienced the same of any ideas on what might fix the problem?

10 hours ago, msgreenf said:

What was the last driver you installed?  Generally you can track these back to a memory leak in a driver

8 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Latest driver or latest driver update (with auto update, that can be slightly more difficult to track down).

Thanks for this info. Having played around today it looks to be only affecting devices through my EA-5. I have a retrofit system so using wireless adaptive phase dimmers etc. The switches connected to other EA’s zigbee network are no problem, it’s only a problem with switches connected to the EA’5. What is also strange is on one switch I have buttons for 4 individual loads and one working a hue lamp (only 2 loads are connected through this switch, the other two loads are connected through an adjacent switch). The four loads have the behaviour of on,off,on and won’t update on the navigator yet the hue lamp works flawlessly and instantly updates. 

Do you still both believe this is a recent driver issue? If so, what is the easiest way to diagnose this? Is there a way to check recent install logs?

1 hour ago, J to the D said:

Thanks, yes I'm working with my dealer to get this resolved. Thought I would try on here to see if there was any suggestions. I have my dealer also helping out with a video matrix but that is another story following a disappointing installation with Just Add Power.

We have two homes w C4 lighting. Both use zigbee (not panelists) and both use same dealer (diamond or higher). One home has persistent issues. Lag of 20 seconds or more and on and off behavior even when pressing once. Only 6-button keypads are a problem. Again one home fine and the other not. C4 has sent someone here and we put sump pump on power conditioning and replaced one bad switch. Problems persist. Moved Wi-Fi to channels 1 and 11. 1 6 and 11. Nothing works. We’re living with it but there are obviously issues w C4 lighting that we wish they’d address. 

On 1/18/2021 at 2:56 PM, Neo1738 said:

Is house 2 on a well? Apparently some Franklin Well pumps cause significant zigbee interference. 

That’s a good point but house (1) w well works fine. It is the other one (2) which has the issues. I say good point at C4 had us put power conditioners on our sump pumps (house 2) but it didn’t solve the problem. They also found one bad switch which was impacting zigbee. Replaced it and still, didn’t help. They replaced Ea 5 w EA5 v 2. No change. We’re going to pay to upgrade to CA10 to see if that helps. House 2 does have a geo well pump but it is prob 500 ft down so couldn’t be that. And it isn’t Franklin. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.