C4 Forums | Control4

Wakeup/Goodnight Agent

dipskhatri

I wonder if anyone can help me. 

I am trying to use the wakeup agent to play a  playlist from Spotify everyday (Which works great), but after say 15mins i want it to stop and then play a radio station, i have done the following but i think its not right can anyone help? it does stop in 15mins but nothing after that happens... :(

Regards,

Capture.JPG

Stop means don’t do anything after the stop command. It can be useful inside an if statement, but in your case, stop means that the last line of code won’t be executed.  Simply deleting stop will probably make this work (although I’ve never played a radio station so cannot comment on that line of code).

Using a 15 minute timer is (arguably) better programming than using a 15 minute delay.  But once you delete the STOP, your code should work as is.

Thankyou both for your help i took off the delay and have added a timer, but it seems the timer does not work as i set it for 1 min (to test) but it does not trigger.

If i use the 'execute' the radio plays but not taking into account the timer.... see below image.

I can achieve what i want via scheduler programming and add in all the conditions and it works nicely no issue.  But i don't want to use that options as every time i need to change the alarm time or day for my Kids rooms i have to go back in to composer HE and do this and also the Mrs is not able to do all that and amend the time in composer, so want it so she can just use the wakeup agent on the touchscreens. 

We want the sequence to be as following:

• the wake up agent will have its source that needs to play (Spotify)
  • after some time 15 mins
  • it needs to play a radio station

i'm adding this all under 'Wake enabled in' and not using 'Wake in' does that make a difference?

Thanks for your help :)

Capture.JPG

9 minutes ago, dipskhatri said:

i have tried the following the timer agent does not even work :( and keeps playing the Spotify playlist see images i have attached so sorry for all the questions. 

Capture-timer.JPG

Capture.JPG

Your radio station command needs to be inside the timer programming for when it expires. Right now it is only checking for if it is expired at that moment of execution. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.