C4 Forums | Control4

Intrinsic Dev - Tesla Driver for Control 4

IntrinsicGroup

• 1 month later...

On 3/1/2022 at 7:40 AM, IntrinsicGroup said:

Not as yet I'm afraid, there one driver ahead of it in the queue and once that's updated we'll be able to look at Tesla again.

Apologies for the delay.

Any updates on this driver? Or has it been put on the back burner? 

20 hours ago, jillmark99 said:

Any updates on this driver? Or has it been put on the back burner? 

Yeah, I'd love to know as well. I don't have a consistent enough schedule where I can use Tesla's in built scheduling stuff, but live in Utah where it gets really hot and really cold...even in my garage.

I have touchpanels on my desk and nightstand that I'd love to use instead of getting out my phone, unlocking, opening the Tesla app, etc...

2 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

Yeah, I'd love to know as well. I don't have a consistent enough schedule where I can use Tesla's in built scheduling stuff, but live in Utah where it gets really hot and really cold...even in my garage.

I have touchpanels on my desk and nightstand that I'd love to use instead of getting out my phone, unlocking, opening the Tesla app, etc...

Me too (except I don’t live in Utah). 
Hoping when (if) they do release it that it works on 2.9.1. The last release didn’t. 

18 hours ago, Cyknight said:

It won't. I wouldn't expect ANY paid driver to work pre 3.1 at this point - nor any more advanced drivers, paid or not.

Yeah, I’ve learned over the last 17 years I’ve had Control4 that there are often time “penalties” imposed for not staying current on the firmware. 

At this point, the driver just feels like Vaporware to me. 

On 6/24/2022 at 7:03 AM, ILoveC4 said:

Yeah, I’ve learned over the last 17 years I’ve had Control4 that there are often time “penalties” imposed for not staying current on the firmware. 

At this point, the driver just feels like Vaporware to me. 

3.1 and up especially (and in increments 2.9 1nd 2.10 before) added numerous new functions, in addition to added encryption for dirvers - so it's partially a 'penalty', and it's partially because more abilities were adeed, which in turn allowed more drivers to begin with.

as for this specific driver and vaporware ... we'll see. If othing else I;d expect them to fix, if they can, their appleTV driver.

• 5 weeks later...

Our Tesla driver update has been in beta testing for the last month and no issues have been reported. It's now available publicly again and you can find it here https://www.intrinsicdev.com/downloads/tesla-vehicle-driver-for-control4/

It's also available in all existing Intrinsic Dev Control4 Driver Packs and dealer Showroom Packs, simply download the latest version of the driver from the website (220702) and our license server will auto-detect the license for you.

If you've used the driver before please ensure you follow the Integration Note to ensure correct installation as there's a few additional steps required.

Huge apologies for the delay on this one... we're putting steps in place to mitigate this in future.

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

Just seeing this is available now, but after I've put together my own solutions that leverage Home Kit and Apple Shortcuts for different use cases.

Is anyone using this IntrinsicGroup Tesla driver? 

We offer a free showroom license for dealers if you'd like to give it a try without any expense. Just complete this form https://www.intrinsicdev.com/showroom-license-request/ to obtain a free driver pack.

• 8 months later...
On 11/16/2022 at 12:03 PM, ILoveC4 said:

Just seeing this is available now, but after I've put together my own solutions that leverage Home Kit and Apple Shortcuts for different use cases.

Is anyone using this IntrinsicGroup Tesla driver? 

I use it in conjunction with Shivram Paw's calendar driver. Reads my work calendar starts a timer at start of my shift, 10 min before the end of my shift the HVAC turns on for me. I work rotating shifts at multiple locations so just doing the simple location feature in Tesla app won't work. 

• 8 months later...
On 4/5/2024 at 8:16 PM, sjjanz said:

Any chance this can work with a Tesla solar system or Powerwall as well if that's also connected to the Tesla app?

This is a vehicle specific driver BUT we are currently reworking the driver to make it an official solution, and we're also working on power wall integration as well as part of that.