C4 Forums | Control4

ZigBee Problems

Not sure if this is a C4 Problem or a network problem. Also inquiring on why the zigbee config in the attached photo is red, with no IP address showing. I noticed this problem, when trying to use C4 to set some of the lights in the pool house (they obviously use the zigbee in the pool house EA1).

All my other EAs show IP address with a green controller status. I can ping and get into the Pool House EA-1 shown.

I will confess that I did change from DHCP to Static on the EA1, if that may have something to do with it. Again, I've been able to access/ping after making changes. Don't know if the change in IP affects the zigbee...I haven't relearned the device, which is my last thought.....

As for the network, the Unifi WAPs used to extend the network out to the pool house are currently controlled by an old UDM-PRO, I have not adopted them yet, as its way to cold to go outside and reset them. Being everything worked prior to my network management change, I don't believe this is an issue. My network is flat, with no VLANs....so don't post Unifi is on the do not use list.

Thanks all.....

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 7.47.25 AM.png

Hello, 

Do you see the Ea1 online in composer? The fact that there's no IP there and the yellow indicator suggests its offline. 

As you've changed it to a static IP and its not come back online maybe there is an IP conflict. 

That would be the first thing to check. 

Try and ping it from a command line, what do you get back?

Seen as Control4 devices use SDDP they don't really need static IPS, the SDDP address translates into the IP even if it changes. 

I usualy make a DHCP reservation for these devices instead. 

Thanks

Muj

4 hours ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

Hello, 

Do you see the Ea1 online in composer? The fact that there's no IP there and the yellow indicator suggests its offline. 

As you've changed it to a static IP and its not come back online maybe there is an IP conflict. 

That would be the first thing to check. 

Try and ping it from a command line, what do you get back?

Seen as Control4 devices use SDDP they don't really need static IPS, the SDDP address translates into the IP even if it changes. 

I usualy make a DHCP reservation for these devices instead. 

Thanks

Muj

thanks, @mujtaba.khokhar

It showing up as Offline. And that's the issue. The question is why and how to get it back online.

It is fully accessible in System Manager, and as I mentioned in my original post, I can easily ping it. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.