C4 Forums | Control4

Wake/sleep agent questions

zaphod

When controlling lighting with the Wake/Sleep agent is there a way to control more than one, but not all lights in a room?  Or control lights in another room? Or to use lighting scenes? Or control media in another room?

Or am I better off just having a macro run when the Wake agent fires and do more granular control from a macro?

Can you have a multiple Wake agents for one room - like one for weekends and one for weekdays?

Given the (seemingly) limited control, what is the purpose of the Wake/Sleep agent? Is it that it can be enabled or the time changed from a Navigator like a phone?

11 hours ago, zaphod said:

Given the (seemingly) limited control, what is the purpose of the Wake/Sleep agent? Is it that it can be enabled or the time changed from a Navigator like a phone?

Exactly this.  Simple for UI (including on the Neeo), for example, a device selector for selecting a set of lights is a lot more confusing than one that lets you pick 'all' or 'single light'.  Same thing for shades and simple media.

I believe you can only have a single Wake agent for a room, but firing a macro on the wakeup firing would of course give more options into doing different things on weekends vs. weekdays, and for triggering anything you can do through programming.  The drawback is that there's no way to *not* execute things set in the wakeup settings, and there's no way to edit the macro from Navigators, of course.

RyanE

I originally thought the wake sleep agent was very limited (even a step backward) based on questions like yours and the fact that you could not set up most music types (e.g. My Music / Tidal etc.) from the agent.

However, once I viewed this as a really cool experience button that allowed one to change a scheduled time from the UI and started to do things via programming, I decided it was really cool.

That said, I would like to have the ability to have multiple instances per room and the ability to change the display name!

5 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I originally thought the wake sleep agent was very limited (even a step backward) based on questions like yours and the fact that you could not set up most music types (e.g. My Music / Tidal etc.) from the agent.

However, once I viewed this as a really cool experience button that allowed one to change a scheduled time from the UI and started to do things via programming, I decided it was really cool.

That said, I would like to have the ability to have multiple instances per room and the ability to change the display name!

Same here.  We use it religiously in every bedroom, but with my own macro for controlling music, lights, and shades.

On my wish list would be for them to expose the wakeup time as a variable to program against.  I would love to pre-heat the house exactly 1 hour before wake-up time, for instance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.