C4 Forums | Control4

problems with relay blinds LUTRON

6 minutes ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

I program them with phantom keypads. And using a driver with no slider control so they are just open or close or stop. 

Thanks 

Muj 

That’s a great idea. Does it track properly in c4? What’s the name of the driver?

28 minutes ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

I program them with phantom keypads. And using a driver with no slider control so they are just open or close or stop. 

Thanks 

Muj 

"And using a driver with no slider control so they are just open or close or stop" 
 which one Driver? 

I also used some generic IR driver for blind  without a slide, and through programming,  using a phantom keypad did and everything worked.  but with some update the stop event disappeared. and all drivers that I have not tried without a slide, either stop does not work, or the open / close / stop buttons sometimes become inactive

On 2/3/2021 at 3:07 PM, zerou19 said:

"And using a driver with no slider control so they are just open or close or stop" 
 which one Driver? 

I also used some generic IR driver for blind  without a slide, and through programming,  using a phantom keypad did and everything worked.  but with some update the stop event disappeared. and all drivers that I have not tried without a slide, either stop does not work, or the open / close / stop buttons sometimes become inactive

There’s a generic driver you can use. I use the relay blind driver but don’t bind the relays. The buttons become inactive as the state is not correctly mapped. For example if the blinds are operated from Lutron there technically there’s no feedback so the control4 doesn’t know what state they are in. Logic can be programmed in so the state of the blinds is reported back properly. 

hope that makes sense 

thanks 

Muj 

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you use relay controlled blinds with a separate remote and there isn’t a 2 way driver, then you can use a normal window contact to determine the state of the blind.

so if you issue a command using remote, the c4 system will know what state the blind is based on that contact and will present the right control button accordingly. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.