C4 Forums | Control4

1.7.3 maintenance release is out - 9/29/2009

thecodeman

There is a new maintenance release out that fixes a number of issues for 1.7.3 platforms. Stay tuned and I will update this thread with info about the release.

The official release version is 1.7.3.68

This upgrade is NOT meant for those who have already upgraded to 1.8, only for those not requiring the upgrade to ZigBee Pro but who would like the following improvements provided by this upgrade:

Improvements in 1.7.3 include:

· Improved responsiveness to touch on the 7" Touch Screens - This corrects a situation where a touch was registered but not communicated to the system.

· Improved network connection stability on the 7" WiFi Touch Panel - This resolves problems where the network connection would be dropped.

· Improved detection of the dropped WiFi connection when the product is out of range. The new release does not allow Navigator to remain blocked while waiting for a response from Director.

· Improved network throughput to alleviate audio skipping caused by insufficient network bandwidth - This resolves a problem most often occurring on new HC-300 Controllers.

· Changes to the Navigator interface in Rhapsody, Artist searches not to retrieve genre information - This change improves search performance.

· New driver for the Control4 Dock for iPod which adds the ability for the driver to be configured to disable Cover Art, removing that ability from the Navigator interface. This driver is automatically updated with the most current driver changes when the system is updated.

· Added support for the HC-200 as an endpoint for the Announcement agent.

· Corrected the Diagnostics checks used in Composer, System Diagnostics, Controller Networking, Check Internet Connection.

· Modified the Control4 Thermostat driver and set the CURRENT_TEMPERATURE variable to read/write so that it can be configured via programming to display the temperature of other devices.

· Corrected the ADT/Honeywell Vista ICM driver so that the string "ID" in a zone doesn't cause the driver to malfunction.

· Fixed problem where Navigator wasn't showing the correct temperature when an AprilAire system was used

Firmware Changes:

· Dimmer/Switch - Change to better handle international 240V loads.

· Control4 Dock for iPod - Resolved various problems reported with the Control4 Dock for iPod related to communications, charging, lockup, etc.

· 4 Zone Amp - Resolved an issue with setting a static IP.

· Multi-Channel Amplifier, Multi-Tuner V2, Audio Matrix Switch - Resolved problems with DHCP working with some routers/DHCP servers

If your system affected by any of these issues, please contact your dealer and see if this update is right for your system. Remember, while the firmware update is free, you may be charged an hourly rate by your dealer to perform the update.

7" IW response is excellent. 7" WiFi is improved but still not worth it IMO. With WiFi signal still strong, there are still multiple instances of drop/reconnect with the director especially when changing rooms(?). Not seeing the unblocking of the Navigator while establishing connection to director.

So is this 1.8 without Zigbee Pro? My dealer and I have been talking about going to 1.8 for a few reasons. Most of which are addressed here with the exception of the new locks, which I know I cannot get without Zigbee Pro.

This seems like a much quicker fix to some of my issues.

Is everything here also included in 1.8?

So is this 1.8 without Zigbee Pro? My dealer and I have been talking about going to 1.8 for a few reasons. Most of which are addressed here with the exception of the new locks, which I know I cannot get without Zigbee Pro.

Is everything here also included in 1.8?

I didn't have to go far... ;)

http://c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=3949

But it seems that this maintenance release does not include FLAC support, "loss of focus" issues with the navigator, and maybe a couple of others. I'm not running 1.7.3x at the house anymore so I can't say for certain.

Thanks for your response. I have read your 1.8 post a few times but I wasn't sure if there was something fixed in the new 1.73 that wasn't fixed in the 1.8 update.

I think I will stay on my 1.8 upgrade path with my dealer.

So is this 1.8 without Zigbee Pro? My dealer and I have been talking about going to 1.8 for a few reasons. Most of which are addressed here with the exception of the new locks' date=' which I know I cannot get without Zigbee Pro.

Is everything here also included in 1.8?[/quote']

But it seems that this maintenance release does not include FLAC support, "loss of focus" issues with the navigator, thermostat fix, and maybe a couple of others. I'm not running 1.7.3x at the house anymore so I can't say for certain.

Thanks for your response. I have read your 1.8 post a few times but I wasn't sure if there was something fixed in the new 1.73 that wasn't fixed in the 1.8 update.

I think I will stay on my 1.8 upgrade path with my dealer.

So is this 1.8 without Zigbee Pro? My dealer and I have been talking about going to 1.8 for a few reasons. Most of which are addressed here with the exception of the new locks' date=' which I know I cannot get without Zigbee Pro.

Is everything here also included in 1.8?[/quote']

But it seems that this maintenance release does not include FLAC support, "loss of focus" issues with the navigator, thermostat fix, and maybe a couple of others. I'm not running 1.7.3x at the house anymore so I can't say for certain.

I'm sure 1.8 will get a maintenance release as well before 2.0 rolls out. At that point, I dont know whether there will be a third 1.7.3x update and 1.8 will be transitioned to 2.0 or if everyone will go to 2.0 so that they dont have to support multiple platforms or what.

Yes - there is a 1.7.3.x maintenance release being developed which will specifically target fixes in the UI - ie: loss of focus. No ETA on this yet, as it's not even in beta (1.7.3.68 just came out yesterday). But technical support as well as engineers are publically letting customers and users know about this info. There is also a 1.8.x maintenance release coming to address some other stuff... stay tuned. :)

There is always a Composer update to reflect the system version. Composer and Director versions must match. If you try and use Composer 1.7.3.20 on a 1.7.3.68 system you will likely have issues.

Danzdad...if that message really has your installer perplexed, I'd find a new installer.

Yes - there is a 1.7.3.x maintenance release being developed which will specifically target fixes in the UI - ie: loss of focus. No ETA on this yet, as it's not even in beta (1.7.3.68 just came out yesterday). But technical support as well as engineers are publically letting customers and users know about this info. There is also a 1.8.x maintenance release coming to address some other stuff... stay tuned. :)

1.7.x.x it won't be 1.7.3.x :)

Archived