C4 Forums | Control4

NEEO as a standalone remote

Sean O

2 hours ago, Sean O said:

Can the NEEO be used as a standalone remote. I don’t have a C4 system just looking for a great remote to combine the 5 remotes I am using at the moment. 

To clarify, the original NEEO remote was a Kickstarter project, and was intended as a standalone remote, which came with it's own hub.  Unfortunately, support for the original NEEO remote was limited to 2 years from when Control4 bought the company, so there's really no ongoing support for this configuration.

The Control4 Neeo remote uses very similar hardware, but was not designed or intended to use as a standalone remote, and will not work as such.

RyanE

So I’m basically looking just for an amazing all in one remote. I want to include my LG OLED, Play Station, Nintendo Switch, Sony HTS5000 sound bar, Apple TV. and possibly some other items like lights and Nest thermostat. I don’t mind buying the NEEO and an EA-1 Package if it’s going to give me a great experience and clean up my clutter Of having 4-5 remotes on my table. It’s driving me crazy. Can you really put all the above remotes into one product and have it work smoothly. I tried the Harmony  Elite  and felt like it was not that great of a product.. With the Apple TV remote will I have the touch pad ability on the NEEO’s touch screen?

I just love the ability to be able to hit one task and it will turn on the. Apple TV, sound bar, and OLED.

Thanks for all the help

23 minutes ago, Sean O said:

So I’m basically looking just for an amazing all in one remote. I want to include my LG OLED, Play Station, Nintendo Switch, Sony HTS5000 sound bar, Apple TV. and possibly some other items like lights and Nest thermostat. I don’t mind buying the NEEO and an EA-1 Package if it’s going to give me a great experience and clean up my clutter Of having 4-5 remotes on my table. It’s driving me crazy. Can you really put all the above remotes into one product and have it work smoothly. I tried the Harmony  Elite  and felt like it was not that great of a product.. With the Apple TV remote will I have the touch pad ability on the NEEO’s touch screen?

I just love the ability to be able to hit one task and it will turn on the. Apple TV, sound bar, and OLED.

Thanks for all the help

Absolutely

Only if his entry to automation ends with an AV remote.  At least with the Control4 setup he has a solid foundation to build from. I don’t mind URC at all... but I prefer Control4 10-1 for automation.  Depending upon his usecase for AV, I can think of more reasons to do C4 even as a stand-alone AV system if he never takes it beyond.  Roku comes to mind.  

We sell both.  In fact more URC because of our high end audio niche.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.