C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Essential Dimmer with LED dimmable bulbs buzzing and flickering...HELP

My main house has a C4 system and now I'm putting one in my 2nd vacation home.

I'm using the new Essential Dimmers

- They are working great for my recessed LED lights

- They are working great in my dining room chandelier using 6 small LED bulbs

In my bathrooms we have vanity lights and using these bulbs (2)  - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08357GL8D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At full 100% they work great and don't make a noise.

As I dim they start buzzing and flickering.  This is happening in all bathrooms with the same bulbs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

two of those 8 watt bulbs adds up to only 16 watts. That's a pretty small LED load and often can result in dimming issues, flickering, buzzing, or bulbs not fully turning off. Do you have the neutral connected? Have you tried an APD dimmer set to reverse phase? You could install something like create a larger load for the dimmer.

https://www.amazon.com/PCS-Load-Resistor-Lighting-ILR-10K/dp/B01ES0AYU8

56 minutes ago, PorterTX said:

I wonder if that load is considered Reverse Phase as the Essential Dimmers can only handle Forward Phase loads?  If you have Composer HE it will show you what it is detecting.  

I don't have the system up and running yet as I just had the fixtures and dimmers installed.

23 minutes ago, eddy.trochez said:

At what level they start flickering? You have to trim them. Some Edison bulbs aren't great at dimming and you have to trim them heavily (low quality bulbs). Also as mentioned above, you might have the wrong type of dimmer. The Essential Dimmer is a great dimmer.

I'm guessing around 50% but the noise starts as soon dimming starts.  Do you think maybe I need and Adaptive Phase C4 dimmer?  I'm so sorry but I'm not sure what "trim them" means.  Can you give me more information?  I'm using the essential dimmer on 2 other chandeliers using LED bulbs and it works fine?

4 minutes ago, HRT said:

two of those 8 watt bulbs adds up to only 16 watts. That's a pretty small LED load and often can result in dimming issues, flickering, buzzing, or bulbs not fully turning off. Do you have the neutral connected? Have you tried an APD dimmer set to reverse phase? You could install something like create a larger load for the dimmer.

https://www.amazon.com/PCS-Load-Resistor-Lighting-ILR-10K/dp/B01ES0AYU8

This make sense to me but I can't seem to find LED bulbs that have a higher watt ratting.  I can look into the link you provided below.

THANKS ALL FOR THE HELP.

4 minutes ago, HRT said:

38 minutes ago, eddy.trochez said:

Another reason for the flickering can be that you don't have a neutral connected to the dimmer, make sure you have a neutral. I know for a fact that the dimmer will work with a 16-watt load with no issues.

Just checked and they do have neutral.  Has to be the Eddison bulbs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.