C4 Forums | Control4

Driver reverse engineering?

Smwoodward

Could someone help me out reverse engineering a control4 driver?  I have attached the lua and xml file for someone to look over it.  I'm trying to determine exactly how it communicates with the alarm panel, which I believe it's over https://<ip_address>:12345 which I'm able to get status information and zone changes from the alarm panel over this connection with curl, but I'm also wanting to be able to send arm commands and such to the panel for other integrations.  I'm also having a bit of issue in determining what the format of the JSON is suppose to be.  This is likely due to my lack of knowledge of developing in C4.  

Thanks guys for the help.

persistent SSL socket on port 12345.  When it connects it requests a summary is a JSON encoded packet.  Packet should bve something like this.

{"nonce": "", "action": "INFO", "info_type": "SUMMARY", "version": 0, "source": "C4","token":"whatever the token is in the driver's properties"}

Also did Qolsys provide this driver to you unencrypted as the one in the online database is encrypted.

I got the driver from one of the groups I'm in.  

I can curl the IP:port of my panel and watch the information that it sends to me for sensors opening and such, but when trying to paste the packet in while curl is connected, I get nothing back. I did pull the token from the alarm panel and put that into the last field.

3 hours ago, Smwoodward said:

I can curl the IP:port of my panel and watch the information that it sends to me for sensors opening and such, but when trying to paste the packet in while curl is connected, I get nothing back. I did pull the token from the alarm panel and put that into the last field.

Which group is that? Its probably best to reach out to the Qolsys guys to get official documentation them

4 hours ago, Smwoodward said:

DIYers that cracked it? Possibly?

I have heard the driver encryption was broken.

4 hours ago, alanchow said:

persistent SSL socket on port 12345.  When it connects it requests a summary is a JSON encoded packet.  Packet should bve something like this.

{"nonce": "", "action": "INFO", "info_type": "SUMMARY", "version": 0, "source": "C4","token":"whatever the token is in the driver's properties"}

Also did Qolsys provide this driver to you unencrypted as the one in the online database is encrypted.

Got what I needed, drivers are no longer needed and deleted. Thank you for your help. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.