C4 Forums | Control4

DriverEditor? Software required to create Driver using UDP protocol.

kgav

Hi, I'm a software developer and I mostly work on I.T projects adding corporate network monitoring platforms .
I regularly get pulled into more AV centric installations and now I have been tasked with preparing a driver for an end client who uses Control 4 for his boardroom VC system. 
I'm hoping to create a new driver for a simple audio pre amplifier which responds to UDP strings. Mute and Volume controls. There is no existing driver for the unit.

I am proficient with Savant Profiler and Crestron driver creation but I don't have C4 experience yet so i need to get up to speed.
I would like to know what software tools I need to create a custom driver for the C4 platform. Please advise.

It looks like I need Composer Pro and DriverEditor software suites. Am I on the right path here please?:)

• kgav changed the title to DriverEditor? Software required to create Driver using UDP protocol.

On 2/25/2021 at 10:20 AM, kgav said:

Great so do C4 have a route in for developers only without actually being a conventional Dealer / integrator? 
I will enquire on their website about how this works.

Thanks

That's an interesting question.  I have asked about this as I am a hobbyist who has tried to write a few drivers but it is hard to test your drivers without having Composer Pro, and you can't get Composer Pro unelss you are a dealer. They never responded to my emails - but that was a few years ago.

On 2/24/2021 at 4:55 PM, kgav said:

Hi, I'm a software developer and I mostly work on I.T projects adding corporate network monitoring platforms .
I regularly get pulled into more AV centric installations and now I have been tasked with preparing a driver for an end client who uses Control 4 for his boardroom VC system. 
I'm hoping to create a new driver for a simple audio pre amplifier which responds to UDP strings. Mute and Volume controls. There is no existing driver for the unit.

I am proficient with Savant Profiler and Crestron driver creation but I don't have C4 experience yet so i need to get up to speed.
I would like to know what software tools I need to create a custom driver for the C4 platform. Please advise.

It looks like I need Composer Pro and DriverEditor software suites. Am I on the right path here please?:)

your best bet is to contact the dealer who installed/manages the control4 system and work with them. Either the option @lippavisual gave above (you give them the commands and they will follow his steps) or work with them to create the driver needed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.