C4 Forums | Control4

Android App OS3.x - Spotify Connect

TVC15

Question

I can launch from Spotify and select the room I want to broadcast to with no problem. However, I need suggestions on how to run a Spotify Session from the Control 4 Android App instead of launching from Spotify.

19 answers to this question

Firstly, do you know if there is a Limit to how many Spotify Room Drivers can be added to a Residential Home project, I heard it may be 11, but not sure?

Secndly if there is a limit, is it related to type of Controller used, ie EA-1, EA-3, EA-5 etc?

Final question, if there is a limit, dos this equally apply to MyMusic and Sharebridge distribution throughout a project?

Any advice welcome on this limit question.

4 hours ago, msgreenf said:

you can't but you should setup room auto on in the spotify drivers in those rooms

Got it! So, to play music on Spotify I always have to launch from Spotify? I was under the impression, per page 7 of the same guide, that I should be able to use the C4 app, select listen, select spotify, and then select a playlist. Also, trying to "Add Preset icon" per the C4 spotify user guide, page 5, using my Android C4 OS3 app. However, the heart/favorite icon does not appear. Thanks for clarifying!

Spotify User Guide Page 5.pdf Spotify User Guide Page 7.pdf

On 3/4/2021 at 4:36 PM, msgreenf said:

What you said is correct. Those are alternative ways. But the easiest is via spotify or via buttons or favoriting a playlist to room. 

How do I favorite a playlist on the C4 OS3 version of the Android app? I can't find a way to do it.

1 hour ago, TVC15 said:

How do I favorite a playlist on the C4 OS3 version of the Android app? I can't find a way to do it.

First, "Heart" the desired music in the spotify app and then it will show up as a preset in the C4 spotify connect driver.  Select the preset and favorite to room.

Thanks, @dcovach! I don't see anywhere in Spotify to "heart" a playlist. I can "heart" a song but not a playlist. When you say "select the preset and favorite to room" do I need to do that in Composer HE or on the Android App?

Spotify Like a Song.JPG

The heart is usually in the top right hand corner where you see the image of the person and + symbol.  It's not there in the image you provided.  Try other stations or playlists.  Once you've "hearted" something in spotify, use the C4 app to find the preset in the spotify icon and then click it.  Favorite to a room.

6 minutes ago, dcovach said:

The heart is usually in the top right hand corner where you see the image of the person and + symbol.  It's not there in the image you provided.  Try other stations or playlists.  Once you've "hearted" something in spotify, use the C4 app to find the preset in the spotify icon and then click it.  Favorite to a room.

I just created a new playlist and the heart doesn't show up. However, on "external" playlists, Spotify Radio Stations, etc. there is a "Follow" button that moves that item into my "Playlists". Once followed, the heart shows on the Win10 app, but it shows as "following" on the Android app. I'll keep playing around with it.

How do I add the playlist to the C4 app as a preset? I can't find that functionality in the Android C4 OS3 app.

9 minutes ago, TVC15 said:

Thanks for the info!

Wait!  There's more!  I did some testing. 

Select your playlist in the mobile Spotify app and play it. 

Now go to the C4 app and SELECT the large music icon (top left) of the music (the playlist you just started in the Spotify mobile app) that is currently playing in the room.

Look towards the right of the word Queue and select the 3 horizontal lines icon.

Save New Preset.  Rename it if you wish and click "Go" on the pop up keyboard.\

Now click the Spotify icon in the C4 app and your preset should be there.

Select your preset and an option to Favorite To Room will be there.

Done.

Just now, dcovach said:

Now go to the C4 app and select the large music icon (top left) of the music (the playlist you just started in the Spotify mobile app) that is currently playing in the room.

Look towards the right of the word Queue and select the 3 horizontal lines icon.

Save New Preset.  Rename it if you wish and click "Go" on the pop up keyboard.

Done.

Will try now! Also implementing the Epic-Systems Echo driver to run it all with Alexa commands. I have the TV coming on to either Cable, Chromecast, or AppleTV. Next step is to get Spotify/C4 working and then add Alexa commands!

5 minutes ago, dcovach said:

Now go to the C4 app and SELECT the large music icon (top left) of the music (the playlist you just started in the Spotify mobile app) that is currently playing in the room.

Save New Preset.  Rename it if you wish and click "Go" on the pop up keyboard.\

Now click the Spotify icon in the C4 app and your preset should be there.

Select your preset and an option to Favorite To Room will be there.

Done.

That worked! Awesome!!! I wish there was a C4 guide with all of the specifics! Much appreciated!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.