C4 Forums | Control4

Text to Voice Driver

Time2Jet

What is your use case? Dynamic announcements? Or messages that the client can type in the app and execute an announcement? I use Voice Genie from Annex4 for the former. It creates dynamic announcements so I don't have to be creating files for them. Works great. For the other use where the customer types a message in the app to execute an announcement, well that one gets old very quickly. I ended up developing a page system where the customer pages the whole house through the speakers of the house using the Intercom (app or touch panel). They like that solution better.

11 minutes ago, eddy.trochez said:

What is your use case? Dynamic announcements? Or messages that the client can type in the app and execute an announcement? I use Voice Genie from Annex4 for the former. It creates dynamic announcements so I don't have to be creating files for them. Works great. For the other use where the customer types a message in the app to execute an announcement, well that one gets old very quickly. I ended up developing a page system where the customer pages the whole house through the speakers of the house using the Intercom (app or touch panel). They like that solution better.

Thank you, I had been considering the Voice Genie by Annex for this project.  So actually, the former @eddy.trochezbut I love your solution!  Great automating!

14 hours ago, eddy.trochez said:

Yeah, try Voice Genie. Without doubt one of the coolest drivers available.

@eddy.trochez I am finding the documentation a little lacking, albeit I love the variables exposed in the events panel.  I don’t know how to create text to speech.  If this works in conjunction to the announcement agent, am I to create text announcements in the Announcement Agent?  

The driver creates an audio file in the Announcement Agent, I think it's called Polly.wav. This is the audio file that will be used by the Driver.

You create an Announcement with the rooms and parameters you need and select Polly.wav as the audio file to be executed. You can create multiple announcements using the same audio file, this is the file that it's being dynamically created.

In programming:
When door is open (Or whatever)
In Actions you choose the Voice Genie Driver>Synthesize Text
Type the text you want and add it to the script: "The front door is open"
Add a little delay, 500ms or a second
Execute the Announcement you created that contains Polly.wav

41 minutes ago, eddy.trochez said:

The driver creates an audio file in the Announcement Agent, I think it's called Polly.wav. This is the audio file that will be used by the Driver.

You create an Announcement with the rooms and parameters you need and select Polly.wav as the audio file to be executed. You can create multiple announcements using the same audio file, this is the file that it's being dynamically created.

In programming:
When door is open (Or whatever)
In Actions you choose the Voice Genie Driver>Synthesize Text
Type the text you want and add it to the script: "The front door is open"
Add a little delay, 500ms or a second
Execute the Announcement you created that contains Polly.wav

Thanks @eddy.trochez

Add, name and create a “text” announcement in the agent, correct?   Then follow the driver instructions and it does the T2S magic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.