C4 Forums | Control4

EA1 Questions

rf9000

10 hours ago, cshepard said:

This is what happens when an end-user tries to design their own system before understanding what they need/want.

Or this is an end user trying to learn, because there are a large number of dealers who thing they know what they're talking about.

I applaud him! When I went through this all the years ago, not one dealer had a straight answer, so I learned in order to find my best dealer and work with him for what I thought was best.

1 hour ago, ekohn00 said:

Or this is an end user trying to learn, because there are a large number of dealers who thing they know what they're talking about.

I applaud him! When I went through this all the years ago, not one dealer had a straight answer, so I learned in order to find my best dealer and work with him for what I thought was best.

in an isolated instance yes that is possible

given all the questions about networking, and now 10 EA1s and his refusal to acknowledge what recommendations his dealer or dealers (if still getting quotes) have suggested have me believe he is designing it on his own.  Its one thing to come around here and say so I got ABC quote from Dealer 1, and Dealer 2 is giving me XYZ quote.  Why would someone design it this way vs that way, etc.  I agree learning about C4 products via their website isnt super easy and you cannot go into a store and usually play with these things so sure I always want to help someone new.  But it also gets to a point where someone should look at some professional help given that is how the system was created and designed to be installed.  It is hard for us arm chair quarterbacks to give the best answers because we aren't walking the floor plan of the house, getting written requirements of what is needed from the system, etc.

More power to him (if it winds up working well). 

On 3/15/2021 at 9:20 PM, cshepard said:

This is what happens when an end-user tries to design their own system before understanding what they need/want.

I've seen plenty of times on here where people show quotes from dealers where they have put an EA-1 (or previously HC-250) at every TV. I think Control4 guides actually recommend dealers do this. I dont get it.

The EA-1 is the best deal in the custom integration channel. Super powerful. Yeah it doesnt have many IO ports or audio but with all the IP controlled devices and other sources for audio, who cares? 

12 minutes ago, therockhr said:

Yeah it doesnt have many IO ports or audio but with all the IP controlled devices and other sources for audio, who cares? 

Just wondering - what other sources would you recommend for audio? 

1 hour ago, zaphod said:

Just wondering - what other sources would you recommend for audio? 

I wouldn’t say I would recommend it but I have a single Sonos connect as the audio to a Russound MCA-C5. It works great. I’m fine with a single source for whole home and also fine with using the Sonos app to browse music. I just got a Sonos one for my office and it works great too. 

On 3/16/2021 at 9:25 AM, eggzlot said:

in an isolated instance yes that is possible

given all the questions about networking, and now 10 EA1s and his refusal to acknowledge what recommendations his dealer or dealers (if still getting quotes) have suggested have me believe he is designing it on his own.

I do agree that it appears that he has the budget to at least have talked to a few dealers.   Your point above had me thinking same...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.