C4 Forums | Control4

One button Netflix and Amazon-PRIME through Roku Premiere Plus?

CA-1

Will I need an installer dealer to set up Netflix and Amazon-PRIME as "favorites"? Or is this something that End-Users can set-up? I have OS3 on the C4 and the streaming services (Netflix, Amazon-PRIME) are accessed via Roku Premiere-Plus.  The Roku is set up as a favorite but I want be able to select Netflix and Amazon-Prime directly from the Room's home page without first having to select Roku.

12 minutes ago, CA-1 said:

Will I need an installer dealer to set up Netflix and Amazon-PRIME as "favorites"? Or is this something that End-Users can set-up? I have OS3 on the C4 and the streaming services (Netflix, Amazon-PRIME) are accessed via Roku Premiere-Plus.  The Roku is set up as a favorite but I want be able to select Netflix and Amazon-Prime directly from the Room's home page without first having to select Roku.

You can do that yourself with OS3 on the C4 mobile or tablet app by pressing and holding the netflix and amazon prime icon until you see and click the pop up "Favorite to Room"

4 minutes ago, dcovach said:

You can do that yourself with OS3 on the C4 mobile or tablet app by pressing and holding the netflix and amazon prime icon until you see and click the pop up "Favorite to Room"

Thanks, that is what I would do, but I do not see the graphical Icon for Netflix or Amazon-PRIME on C4-Mobile nor the C4-Tablet, else I would press the graphical Icons and make them favorites. I guess I should have asked - ¿How do I get the Icons for those two streaming services to show up on the C4-Tablet or the C4-mobile?  Currently, the only way I can access Netflix or Amazon-PRIME is to first select Roku and then from within Roku I navigate to the select the streaming service. I want to avoid having that extra step.

2 minutes ago, CA-1 said:

Thanks, that is what I would do, but I do not see the graphical Icon for Netflix or Amazon-PRIME on C4-Mobile nor the C4-Tablet, else I would press the graphical Icons and make them favorites. I guess I should have asked - ¿How do I get the Icons for those two streaming services to show up on the C4-Tablet or the C4-mobile?  Currently, the only way I can access Netflix or Amazon-PRIME is to first select Roku and then from within Roku I navigate to the select the streaming service. I want to avoid having that extra step.

Then you would need a dealer to add those mini apps so that you can "favorite" them to the main menu.

8 hours ago, CA-1 said:

Do you have “roku channels” showing as a “watch” option?  If so any used channels are in there and then you can press/hold to move them to the main page 

3 hours ago, eggzlot said:

Do you have “roku channels” showing as a “watch” option?  If so any used channels are in there and then you can press/hold to move them to the main page 

Thanks, "Roku" shows up as "Watch" option (but not "Roku Channels", nor "Netflix", nor "Amazon-Prime").  I do have "Roku" as a 'favorite', but in order to get to Netflix or Amazon-Prime I first have to select "Roku" and then within Roku I navigate to those streaming services and select them.  I wanted to avoid that extra step if possible.

13 minutes ago, CA-1 said:

Thanks, "Roku" shows up as "Watch" option (but not "Roku Channels", nor "Netflix", nor "Amazon-Prime").  I do have "Roku" as a 'favorite', but in order to get to Netflix or Amazon-Prime I first have to select "Roku" and then within Roku I navigate to those streaming services and select them.  I wanted to avoid that extra step if possible.

do you have Composer HE?  If so, look to see if the Roku Channel driver is there,  maybe it is just hidden.  if you make it visible, you can long press/hold something from roku channels and put it on your main page so you can do watch > netflix.  if Roku Channel isnt there you'll need a dealer to add it quickly but basically anytime you go to a "channel" on roku it gets added there automatically so its fairly easy to do what you want once that roku channel is added

1 hour ago, eggzlot said:

do you have Composer HE?  If so, look to see if the Roku Channel driver is there,  maybe it is just hidden.  if you make it visible, you can long press/hold something from roku channels and put it on your main page so you can do watch > netflix.  if Roku Channel isnt there you'll need a dealer to add it quickly but basically anytime you go to a "channel" on roku it gets added there automatically so its fairly easy to do what you want once that roku channel is added

Thanks. Does Composer HE work on a Mac? I have not used it, but I could probably get Composer HE since it seems like it can be useful to make some tweaks without bothering (and waiting for) the installer/dealer.

2 minutes ago, CA-1 said:

Thanks. Does Composer HE work on a Mac? I have not used it, but I could probably get Composer HE since it seems like it can be useful to make some tweaks without bothering (and waiting for) the installer/dealer.

native no
possible yes

it is Windows only, but depending on what Mac ya got you can do parallels, VMware, Bootcamp, etc but then you need to buy a license of Windows from what I gather.  Or do it wonky like me - I have a cheap PC running 24x7 just for Blue Iris (My camera NVR System) and Composer HE - no mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc just the PC.  I use Windows Remote Desktop on my Mac to access that PC and do my programming, Blue Iris updates, etc.  Its nice too as I can use my iPad when I am not at home via a VPN to also access that computer and make changes, etc.  

On 3/24/2021 at 1:56 PM, eggzlot said:

it is Windows only, but depending on what Mac ya got you can do parallels, VMware, Bootcamp, etc but then you need to buy a license of Windows from what I gather.

Windows 10 can be downloaded and installed without having a license, but then you have an unactivated version.  There are some customization limitations but those may not be a big deal:  https://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you-dont-need-a-product-key-to-install-and-use-windows-10/

On 3/23/2021 at 8:44 PM, dcovach said:

Then you would need a dealer to add those mini apps so that you can "favorite" them to the main menu.

some drivers have an action key that you can access in composer home to add these channels. We have a video going over this in our composer home tutorial course.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.