C4 Forums | Control4

Schlage Connect Z-Wave + staying connected

Hello,

I have 4 Schlage Connect Z-Wave + locks that are connected to my C4 system at my vacation property.  I'm using the USB Z Wave dongle to control them.  

They were all working great for a while but recently I'm noticing that one stopped locking and unlocking, others seem to not always show the correct status.  Example the door is unlocked but it will show that is still locked from a week ago.

Anybody else seeing this?  I know this would work better with a C4 version lock but I was not able to find a Schlage version that matched the look of the hardware so hoping I can get this approach working better.

We are using the "Schlage Lock (Z-Wave) Driver" which says is supports the specific lock that I have.

Also...in the setting they have it set as "toggle" vs. "pulse". Is that correct?

Thanks for any help or advice. 

Common issue with ZWave locks - they are VERY sensitive to range/interference.

Most likely scenario is that you ONLY have those locks, so each HAS to go direct to the USB piece. If possible I would add some powered Zwave devices to extend the signal - put thm close to locks so the locks have good signal to them. Means you're more or less stuck to zwave outlets - but I''m not sure which current models are supported at this time (in wall or pllug in style)

2 hours ago, jsimon77 said:

Got it...so a z wave plug and then connect it to the same USB dongle to help extend range?

One my my locks battery died with in like 2 weeks so that's odd.

Yes, and not odd - it's draining because it's constantly searching for signal.

ge 1002 models. zwave plus are supported, jasco makes them also add a few to create a good mesh. i know a lot of design says theyh work up to 60' but real world scenario i have had to put them in many jobs about 15' apart 

So...update today since I'm up at the house.  

- I put in brand new batteries yesterday and lock was working again

- This morning when I walked by the lock I heard it making a very faint ticking sounds...almost like a clock...and the batteries are dead.  Less than 24 hours.

And now I'm having issues with all my locks.  I can see the status of the locks in C4.  When I manually lock the lock or unlock the lock I see the change instantly in C4. However all the sudden now none of the locks will except a lock or unlock command.  But clearly it on the Z wave net work because it's changing status?

What could be draining the battery like that?  Do you think it's a C4 communication thing or some issues with this lock?  The ONLY think I had different on this lock was a push notification to my C4 system when it locked or unlocked.  Could that be killing the battery that fast.

Something is very strange.

Jason

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.