C4 Forums | Control4

cannot connect to HC-300 from Composer

So, the computer which i have composer installed on had a drive failure. i had to replace the drive and reinstall everything... no big deal i had it all backed up. even my control projects.

so now it cannot find the director on the local network. i clicked add and entered in the IP address which is displayed on my HC-300 but still composer will not connect to it. what am i doing wrong?

You can download Composer HE from your account area on the Control4 website.  What version of Composer HE are you trying to use?  The HC-300 has been obsolete for years, do you know what version you were using.  It was probably something like 2.5.3.  You should be able to also tell that from your account page.

i have composer 1.7.4 which has always worked in the past. The person who installed the system years and years ago didn't give me the home edition, he gave me the full version i guess you could call it. he has since gone out of business

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.