C4 Forums | Control4

Chime Video Choppy on iPhone Only

dinom

When someone rings the Chime and I answer through Intercom Anywhere, the video is terribly choppy, pausing every few seconds, then catches up. What’s weird is if answering the Chime via my T4, the video is very smooth.

And using the same iPhone with Intercom Anywhere to the T4 (instead of the Chime) also works perfectly fine. So not a consistent issue with Intercom Anywhere, just when communicating with the Chime. 

Any thoughts?

Tried with my wife’s iPhone, same choppy motion. Also tried with my phone again but only on 4G, and it is still the same. 

When I say the motion is choppy, i really mean it’s not fluid. The motion slows down then speeds back up every few seconds.  Very obvious when someone is walking away or towards the camera.

Audio doesn’t seem to me affected, but I haven’t studied it too much. 

I’m not sure if it’s cloud based or not when local. I have fast fiber internet and never have upload speed issues. I’m replacing a Nest Hello that always showed smooth motion (and is cloud based). And again, on the T4 it’s fine, just when using the Intercom app. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.