C4 Forums | Control4

Ipod dock stay offline

Michel

Hi all,

I install successfully my Ipod dock, connection done and the output to the input of my HC300.

I connect a Ipod on it, I see that Ipod as connected to Control4 system, but the IPOD stay OFFline in the RCU controller.

What can I do ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Michel

I see something really strange.

I disconnect the Ipod dock, I reconnect it without any problem, but if I go in Control4 Composer pro in option Tools/Network Status, I see the Ipod Dock with a wrong IP address.

My network is in a range 192.168.1.x/24 and I see the Ipod Dock with IP 192.168.72.42.

How is that possible?

Can I change the ip of this docking or what can I do?

Thanks a lot for your help.

YEAH...

I found the solution.

You must push on the detect button on the dock and then plug the power. It make a factory reset of the docking.

After that I do a re-identify and all work perfectly.

That's all.

It's really not easy to find documentation about the different option for Control4 system but it's very good product

Thanks to all that search solution for me and orhers.

See you soon for other thing ;)

It's really not easy to find documentation about the different option for Control4 system but it's very good product

It's actually very easy if you're a dealer. There's a knowledge base, a discussion forum, web based training, a toll-free number for tech support, talking to co-workers, and calling/emailing other dealer buddies....

Archived