C4 Forums | Control4

Pakedge default password

Did Pakedge change their default username and password for their NK-1 with the latest firmware? I was logged into my NK-1 today and noticed that there was a firmware update (2.something) so I updated and now I can no longer access the device. It doesn’t like my username or password since the firmware update. Absolutely no issues before the firmware update. 
Are the default credentials still supposed to be pakedge/pakedgen?

I tried the above as well as my own and nothing works. 

I’m not liking that the firmware update switched it to an OvrC Pro Hub. Now I can’t access the regular functionality of an NK-1 to access, setup and control my Pakedge AP’s. And I can’t access the AP’s directly because they say controlled by the NK-1. Is there a way to downgrade it back to the previous NK-1

54 minutes ago, jillmark99 said:

I’m not liking that the firmware update switched it to an OvrC Pro Hub. Now I can’t access the regular functionality of an NK-1 to access, setup and control my Pakedge AP’s. And I can’t access the AP’s directly because they say controlled by the NK-1. Is there a way to downgrade it back to the previous NK-1

The expectation is that the APs are updated too and the entire configuration is done via OvrC.

Tech notes on release stated no rollbacks.

3 hours ago, Dunamivora said:

Tech notes on release stated no rollbacks.

Ouch

If you update your RK-1 to the new 2.00.1.100848 you will loose the use of the USB ports and filesharing. 

Ironically the media server function/tab is still active. 

This OpenVPN Server feature also appears to be gone or just may be not documented.

If your WAN is using a Dynamic IP address (one that may change) it is highly recommended to use a Dynamic DNS hostname like BakPakDDNS. Otherwise when the WAN address (IP or DDNS hostname) changes, you will have to re-download the configuration file to allow each remote user to connect again.

5 hours ago, jillmark99 said:

My system is rock solid as it is and don’t want something to get messed up with the firmware update.

You CAN roll back the firmware. 

Be sure to have a copy of your current version of firmware and back up the configuration pre update since it will not be the same backup file format post update.

Sorry SnapAV bricked your NK-1. If you obtain the older firmware version, post a link to it here as I expect others will be asking for it.  Your post saved me from the same experience. I don't have access to Tech Notes, so will not accept firmware updates to my SnapAV (pakedge) gear. I'll be looking to transition away from SnapAV network gear as it is no longer self-manageable.

16 hours ago, GaryK said:

Sorry SnapAV bricked your NK-1. If you obtain the older firmware version, post a link to it here as I expect others will be asking for it.  Your post saved me from the same experience. I don't have access to Tech Notes, so will not accept firmware updates to my SnapAV (pakedge) gear. I'll be looking to transition away from SnapAV network gear as it is no longer self-manageable.

Glad my posted helped you out by preventing you from updating. 

so far I have not been able to find older firmware. Might have to just buy a new unit that’s still running older firmware. 

On 4/13/2021 at 10:37 AM, jillmark99 said:

Glad my posted helped you out by preventing you from updating. 

so far I have not been able to find older firmware. Might have to just buy a new unit that’s still running older firmware. 

NK1 firmware version 1.4 --->  https://www.dropbox.com/s/kceyq8zm0ai73k1/NK-1_v1.4_n0oju0.zip?dl=0

* I'm not 100% sure if you can downgrade from 2.0 so don't BRICK your NK1.

1 hour ago, dcovach said:

NK1 firmware version 1.4 --->  https://www.dropbox.com/s/kceyq8zm0ai73k1/NK-1_v1.4_n0oju0.zip?dl=0

Thanks Dan. To me the NK-1 is useless as it is so if it bricks trying to downgrade I’m not out anything. Hopefully it works though. Fingers crossed. I will try downgrading it this evening or tomorrow and post back. 

I tried the downgrade through the UI which didn’t work as posted above. 

Can anyone confirm if the firmware can be loaded through the rear USB port? If so what is the procedure to do this? What format does the USB stick have to be if it can be done?

wouldn’t mind trying this first if it can be done before buying a new unit. 

14 hours ago, dcovach said:

See if you can SSH into your NK otherwise as others have mentioned :

Purchase a used unit and resell your 2.0.

Knowledgebase mentions this:

Important Notes: 

• Once Pakedge devices have been updated to the 2.0 firmware they are no longer able to contact BakPak apps. There is no downgrade option.

OP -- I hope you get to a good place with this. This is what scares me about the Snap model -- my local dealer is nice but not the most knowledgeable (don't have options, btw), so the potential for loss of control on this (expensive) equipment is scary. I had an issue a few months back where the installer activated the OpenVPN proxy without my knowledge on my RK-1, with the default password, and I got hacked/used in an attack. This is a serious part/consideration for our networks/homes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.