C4 Forums | Control4

Ubiquiti network gear configuration help. Please see details below. Thanks!

So I'm looking more for help with my networking configuration, but I'm asking in here because I want someone who knows what the do's and don'ts of unifi gear in a c4 environment.

1)  first priority is my son has a website required by his school that for whatever reason is getting blocked - not sure if it is his laptop blocking it or my UDM-pro

2)  I have a google voice setup to run through a obitalk 212 that is having issues getting calls in and out.

3)  I have (renewed) concerns about my network security with unifi and my IOT devices.  I would like to have my network analyzed for security holes.

4)  possibly have my network broken into several vlan's (to help with security and packet efficiency)

5)  I'm open to suggestions for how to develop my network for the future and get a plan together so I can budget hardware cost if necessary  

Since most of this will be done remotely, I can arrange access any time of day and unless there is a need for a person to power cycle or move cables I can be available any time.

13 hours ago, ecschnei said:

So I'm looking more for help with my networking configuration, but I'm asking in here because I want someone who knows what the do's and don'ts of unifi gear in a c4 environment.

1)  first priority is my son has a website required by his school that for whatever reason is getting blocked - not sure if it is his laptop blocking it or my UDM-pro

2)  I have a google voice setup to run through a obitalk 212 that is having issues getting calls in and out.

3)  I have (renewed) concerns about my network security with unifi and my IOT devices.  I would like to have my network analyzed for security holes.

4)  possibly have my network broken into several vlan's (to help with security and packet efficiency)

5)  I'm open to suggestions for how to develop my network for the future and get a plan together so I can budget hardware cost if necessary  

Since most of this will be done remotely, I can arrange access any time of day and unless there is a need for a person to power cycle or move cables I can be available any time.

1. if you have the UDM, you can whitelist the URL or IP address (Security->advanced)

2. White list the IP and ports. Try turning off IPS first to confirm.

3. there's a endpoint scanner under threat managment.

4. I'm not a fan of doing that unless you have a lot of advanced knowledge. this is where most people break they're network and C4.

5. keep it simple.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.