C4 Forums | Control4

Looking for remote integrator

htfan1

Hi, I have an HC300 installed in 2010 running 2.1.1 controlled by an SR250 remote for my home theater room. It is supposed to control 6 dimmers, 2 switches, a JVC projector, Denon avr, Sony bluray player, AppleTV, and Xbox. The Apple TV and Xbox are more recent adds so not part of the initial configuration. I removed the HC300 from my rack and attempted to reconnect the IR but haven't been able to get it to work properly again. Also, the app on my phone hasn't been able to control the system for many years. Please contact me if interested in assessing my situation and resolving the issues. 

9 minutes ago, htfan1 said:

Hi, I have an HC300 installed in 2010 running 2.1.1 controlled by an SR250 remote for my home theater room. It is supposed to control 6 dimmers, 2 switches, a JVC projector, Denon avr, Sony bluray player, AppleTV, and Xbox. The Apple TV and Xbox are more recent adds so not part of the initial configuration. I removed the HC300 from my rack and attempted to reconnect the IR but haven't been able to get it to work properly again. Also, the app on my phone hasn't been able to control the system for many years. Please contact me if interested in assessing my situation and resolving the issues. 

Hate to say it but this almost more trouble than it's worth.  Remote access isn't easy on software that old.  HC300s have power supply issues like crazy, and the old app doesn't work on new phones (specifically new OS of phones).   It's hard to imagine it wouldn't be cheaper, and it would definitely be way less trouble, to get a dealer to come upgrade your controller.  

Just now, mstafford388 said:

It's hard to imagine it wouldn't be cheaper, and it would definitely be way less trouble, to get a dealer to come upgrade your controller.  

+1.  It's time to upgrade if you really want to get everything working seamlessly.  

4 minutes ago, mstafford388 said:

Hate to say it but this almost more trouble than it's worth.  Remote access isn't easy on software that old.  HC300s have power supply issues like crazy, and the old app doesn't work on new phones (specifically new OS of phones).   It's hard to imagine it wouldn't be cheaper, and it would definitely be way less trouble, to get a dealer to come upgrade your controller.  

Yup, I actually had to replace the power supply a number of years ago. I'm just not sure it's worth the cost to replace my dated C4 setup with new versions since it's just used for 1 room in my home. Anyone aware of any less costly DIY systems?

2 hours ago, htfan1 said:

Yup, I actually had to replace the power supply a number of years ago. I'm just not sure it's worth the cost to replace my dated C4 setup with new versions since it's just used for 1 room in my home. Anyone aware of any less costly DIY systems?

One room?  Get an hc250.  Would probably do the trick. Especially if no Embernet devices are in the mix

i have an hc250 you can have for $25 + shipping (will shop to the 48 states - too expensive to make it viable to ship overseas or to Canada)

Or go to OS3 with an EA1 as a potential option depending on your I/O needs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.