C4 Forums | Control4

C4 control or processing

john.odonnell01

New guy here. I am not able to convey my requests/understanding to the local c4 dealer. 

Home theater setup. equipment to control.

7.2.4 Dolby Atmos consisting of a SR7015 Marantz, Emotiva XPA7. Sony X900H, Xbox series X,  Panasonic DMP-UB900

i would like to know the following, setting up a home network to connect everything via a network switch and access point. 

1. Does C4 use IR, RF or IP/wifi to control equipment? I need IP control. equipment in an "AV closet" behind a closed door. IR is definitely out.

2. Does C4 process the signals or do they follow normal processing through the AV equipment

3. can c4 be controlled through multiple remotes, i.e. a PC, android phone, Neeo remote, and/or integrate with Alexa?

4. I would like to have commands to access HULU, YouTube TV, Netflix, Amazon TV and HD music, Sirius XM, Pandora, etc. Play music, watch Bluray, Play Xbox, Are all these separate commands possible?

5. What is ballpark pricing of an EA1 and neeo remote? I believe e1 and Sr260 is $600, do you get a credit if you upgrade to neeo? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.