C4 Forums | Control4

Jandy iAqualink Driver Issues

l3anks

We have a project where pool control through C4 stopped working within the last 48-72 hours. Don't believe there were any changes to the project or network. Using the latest iaqualink driver, we're seeing xml errors.

ReceivedFromCom  ReceiveBuffer is now Failed to post v1/mobile/session.json: HTTP response code said error

HandleMessage. Message is ==>Failed to post v1/mobile/session.json: HTTP response code said error<==

Error: message is not valid xml

Anyone else having similar issues or can you confirm pool control is still functioning?

My IAquaLink drivers on two pools are both unresponsive.  Driver version 9.  Previously have worked flawless, but noticed my lights not coming on Tuesday and can’t get them back online. Work fine through IAquaLink app, so I know the units are still connected.  Maybe Jandy did something on their end?  Have used theses for past two years but kinda glad to see someone else having issues.  Makes me think it is not us, but rather them and hopefully will get fixed soon.  

I'm having the same issue.  I even deleted and readded the driver.  Latest is 11/24/20.  Still doesn't work.  It says that it's connected and "online" through C4 but when you try and change a setting, it isn't actually changed on the pool.  The iJandy App works fine but not the C4 driver.  It broke about 2 weeks ago, I believe.

8 hours ago, l3anks said:

Was able to blank out all settings, serial , username and password. Set it all again and everything connected and is reporting online.

Not sure if that was the actual fix or if it forced a reconnect.

That’s great. How  did you “blank out” the settings? Did you delete the driver?

thanks for any advice

1 hour ago, Atrunco said:

That’s great. How  did you “blank out” the settings? Did you delete the driver?

thanks for any advice

In the driver properties, I erased username password and serial number and click set next to each. I waited a few minutes and added everything back. For the serial # I did not use any dashes. From actions tab I clicked each of the items, get new session, get home screen, get devices. 

Controller went from an offline state to an online state and regained control through C4. 

Spoke too soon. This did bring the controller online and I was able to read temps but was not actually able to control pumps.

C4 status page now shows 

Jandy iAqualink Outage: Control4 has discovered an outage causing Jandy iAqualink drivers to show offline or not control properly. Jandy has been informed of the outage and their developers are currently investigating.

28 minutes ago, l3anks said:

Spoke too soon. This did bring the controller online and I was able to read temps but was not actually able to control pumps.

C4 status page now shows 

That was exactly what I found!  Thanks for trying though.  Hopefully Jandy will figure it out.  I'll keep checking back.

10 minutes ago, Southerncentralrain said:

I am having the same issue since last week but have noticed that when I go through the reconnect process, it usually will work for 1 command and will immediately stop after that. I wonder if a security update etc. is seeing it as a threat and stopping things after that action has completed.

Yep I noticed some errors being returned from their API saying too many requests. They may have tweaked some rate limits.

Control4 and Jandy are both aware of the issue now so hopefully we'll have a quick resolution

Even tough I have iAquaLink too for the app, my original dealer recommended the direct serial adapter that hooks in directly to the Aqualink controller. Works without the cloud, so it’s fast and reliable. Just thought I would mention it as an alternative.

You would need this adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0039QEOBS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_QFEX92VFRF7T6JNTJAQS

I’ve had it for so many years, I forgot how expensive it is. Maybe you can find a used one on eBay. Basically your C4 controller talks to this over relatively short RS232 connection, then the Jandy adapter talks to your Aqualink via some proprietary serial bus, which can be much longer (mine is probably 75’). You could probably use your existing CAT6. 

On 5/2/2021 at 3:32 PM, dinom said:

You would need this adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0039QEOBS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_QFEX92VFRF7T6JNTJAQS

I’ve had it for so many years, I forgot how expensive it is. Maybe you can find a used one on eBay. Basically your C4 controller talks to this over relatively short RS232 connection, then the Jandy adapter talks to your Aqualink via some proprietary serial bus, which can be much longer (mine is probably 75’). You could probably use your existing CAT6. 

I have one of those, which driver are you using?

I'm still experiencing an offline iAquaLink-Control4 interface, got it working last week with the solution noted on this thread but even resetting the login details is not working now and the link is showing as offline.  Anyone else still offline?  Any news of a driver update from either iAqualink or Control4?

thanks

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.