C4 Forums | Control4

Driver Released: Apple HomeKit and Siri Voice control Driver for Homebridge

It’s a great driver, it’s taking care of the programing part by automatically publish and pushes the JSON config to HomeKit driver, making it very easy for dealers to partially integrate C4 to HomeKit.

HomeKit app; although 4 years ago; I thought its horrible, it’s really basic, tile based polished UI like that of My Crestron, and it simply works, it’s faster on Apple Device than the fast OS2 app on IOS!

Between Alexa and Siri we are fine, hiccups are very rare and it just keeps getting better and better 😃

Do more with Apple Shortcuts!

we have just build a Shortcut that will ask user whether they want to open Garage door when he/she arrives near his/her house.

We have added a customized user pin for security so each time it will ask to confirm it before opening the Garage door.

Try it out your self let us know how do you find it.Cheers.🍺

Shortcut link

Screenshot link

IMG_0098.PNG

IMG_0099.PNG

IMG_0100.PNG

IMG_0101.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

So far so good with the driver.  Only "bug" is less than a bug, no way to invert a sensor so some of my sensors are reading the wrong direction.  I've made the author aware and he is working on a fix.  He was very helpful in giving me some shortcuts to use Siri voice commands.  Also nice on the iOS platform to have a few quick shortcut buttons to turn a few devices on/off that I use frequently therefore I do not have to go into the C4 app, wait for it load, pick the room>device, etc  Its nice to have a few quick buttons to trigger right on the phone.

FYI Running on a Synology and no issues (RS818+ is the model I am using).

Great work!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you to All the Beta Testers who helped in testing the driver.

We have Added a Supporting driver called "Homebirdge Manager" to make installation much more easier.

so, Originally we thought we will have one "Siri Voice" Driver per Project but later we found that when you add devices in Home app it keeps showing up in default room in which we have added the Homebridge with this the when we are dealing with large projects it will hard and time consuming to move Device to it respective room on Home app.

With Homebridge Manager driver we can add Child bridge per Room in Homebridge this way each room has it own Child Homebridge instance. Now, we have to add Siri Voice driver in Each room so it can talk to it respective Child Bridge Instance, after this when we add any devices it will go to its respective room without doing anything.

Not only this its help us achieving common command for all rooms when we have Homepod Mini in each rooms. So when we say "Turn ON lights" in Living room it will execute in Living room only. The same command can be applied to other rooms as well. There is a great article on How to Name your devices?

https://linkdhome.com/articles/2018/2/5/hey-siri-how-should-i-name-my-devices

To all the Beta testers Please download the latest version of both drivers from Driver central.

Please email me if you are facing any activation issues. As promised all beta drivers are free.

13 hours ago, cylon147 said:

Thank you to All the Beta Testers who helped in testing the driver.

We have Added a Supporting driver called "Homebirdge Manager" to make installation much more easier.

so, Originally we thought we will have one "Siri Voice" Driver per Project but later we found that when you add devices in Home app it keeps showing up in default room in which we have added the Homebridge with this the when we are dealing with large projects it will hard and time consuming to move Device to it respective room on Home app.

With Homebridge Manager driver we can add Child bridge per Room in Homebridge this way each room has it own Child Homebridge instance. Now, we have to add Siri Voice driver in Each room so it can talk to it respective Child Bridge Instance, after this when we add any devices it will go to its respective room without doing anything.

Not only this its help us achieving common command for all rooms when we have Homepod Mini in each rooms. So when we say "Turn ON lights" in Living room it will execute in Living room only. The same command can be applied to other rooms as well. There is a great article on How to Name your devices?

https://linkdhome.com/articles/2018/2/5/hey-siri-how-should-i-name-my-devices

To all the Beta testers Please download the latest version of both drivers from Driver central.

Please email me if you are facing any activation issues. As promised all beta drivers are free.

My Dear, this is wonderfull by all means, your driver rock! I will email u as I moved to another HC800 after mine died all of a sudden ...

• 2 weeks later...

@cylon147 - question for you.  One my device - MyQ garage door - is just "spinning" on the iOS shortcut page - see below.  Its been hanging like this for ~1 week at least as far as I've noticed.

When I log into my Synology Homebridge instance, it shows the door in the correct state - closed.

Any idea why this may be happening?  The other MyQ door is working just fine.

IMG_C9F1A47C54E5-1.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 3.14.29 PM.png

For what its worth I rebooted the Synology Homebridge and now my reading open in both the shortcut area of my iPhone as well as the Synology Homebridge Accessories page.  the Door is 100% not open - I visually checked it to be closed and MyQ says its closed too.  I'll investigate further.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are lighting scenes that are setup in Control4 from keypads exposed to Homekit or just the switched loads as lights?  Meaning if you have a C4 scene for "House Off" you would need to duplicate something similar in Homekit?

On 8/6/2021 at 4:22 PM, bigzaj said:

How does this compare to the Varietas driver in terms of functionality?  Aside from the interface does this driver add additional capabilities?

I am also interested in this answer.  I have the Veritas driver on a Pi with about 35 C4 devices and want to know if it is worth changing to this driver?  I also have about 20 Hue devices and 10 Meross devices all controlled by HomeKit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.