C4 Forums | Control4

EA3 with yamaha reciver

david87

Question

Hey all, apologies if this has been covered before but new here and new to the C4 

i recently purchased C4(EA3) for my own home (waiting to  start the associate programmers course) to play and learn with but i have a few questions i seem stuck on

Q1- i have a yamaha amp, i have found a driver that works with this amp(not the same model) yamaha amp model is RX-v673. driver is RX-A660 IP international 

i have 2 zones, main being my 5.1ch and the other just a 2ch (zone B ) out door speakers, i have created 2 rooms, the 5.1ch works fine, but i cant seem to control zone B, will this be an end point issue or something more complex or do i need to add that driver to that room also and if so how considering it will be using the same IP?

Q2- i have a panasonic TH-65fx800a smart tv which im struggling to find a driver compatible with this tv, i have tried heaps of different drivers (IP), im hoping there is a driver i can use through IP and not IR, any Suggestions?

thank you heaps 

2 answers to this question

you can always use any driver for any device. the question will be will you have full control or unintended side effects. for your personal system do whatever. if in doubt for av stuff go to ir control.

It could be if you dont have the end points correct it will not work. It could be the driver commands for zone 2 are different and dont work. you could go ir and setup codes for zone 2 separately and use 2 drivers to control the same unit.

i have not done many panasonic. I doubt there is an ip driver for it. try serial otherwise ir is guaranteed to work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.