C4 Forums | Control4

Scheduling Frustration

Scheduling Frustration - So automation is automation, but sometimes you don't want it.   Take today - having an outdoor get together.  Lighting set for just that.  Then come 11pm all of the lights and shades turn off because they are scheduled to.  Cue going into C4 and manually turning everything back on /up...

So - is there a program/macro/whatever that you can turn on to disable all schedules and have that as a button on Control4???

18 hours ago, anon2828 said:

msgreenf - I like your solution - care to provide just a little more detail as to how to do it - not sure I know how to do a "check state" in programming...

The first line in your programming for a schedule would be "If experience button|variable is true, than stop" blocking all the programming below the first line from running.

So if you had multiple scenes, sprinklers, etc that run, you would have each have the same first line to check if they should. And then maybe reset the experience|variable automatically at 4:00 am or something if you want.

11 minutes ago, RAV said:

The first line in your programming for a schedule would be "If experience button|variable is true, than stop" blocking all the programming below the first line from running.

So if you had multiple scenes, sprinklers, etc that run, you would have each have the same first line to check if they should. And then maybe reset the experience|variable automatically at 4:00 am or something if you want.

I was doing the opposite = true =  schedule running.  It's more logical.

there is a security light driver that would be great for this. then with a variable you can set the lights to turn off at a later time or such. I personally use timers for my outside lighting. based on motion and security sensors they will automatically turn off when we are not outside.

4 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I assume that there is a url that you could use to access this in a web browser? Although, if so, this would only work on a local network or via a VPN?

That is correct

• 3 weeks later...

OK - I need a little more help figuring this out.

GOAL: Use a Custom Button called "Follow Schedule" with Button 1: ON; Button 2: OFF

IF Custom Button Follow Schedule is ON -> THEN complete schedule (using this with lighting and shades using the Scheduler Agent);

IF Custom Button Follow Schedule is OFF -> THEN STOP (or don't run schedule)

I've created the Custom Button under Agents with "ON" (Button 1) and "OFF" (Button 2) but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the IF statements into the Programming under Scheduler.  I see under Actions that I have Custom Buttons, but there is are "no Conditionals for the selected item" on that tab...

I am sure I am missing some critical step or logic in how this is done.  A little help in the right direction would be appreciated...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.