C4 Forums | Control4

Sending Key Press from Neeo to Kodi

Germs

Question

Hi ,

i am using Kodi on a HTPC. The reason why i am doing this on an HTPC and not on a Streaming Device is because i need Madvr to work.

Now since Kodi isn't supporting DS Player anymore , i will need to switch to MPC-BE. In order to control if (Play , Stop, Pause , etc..) I will need to send Key Press to to Kodi.

I already have the KODI Driver from Chowmain. What i would need is the "normal" Kodi Buttons to work while in the GUI of Kodi , and while starting a Movie , MPC-BE starts up , and Play/Pause needs to mapped to "Space" and Stop to "X" (for example).

More importantly though to add Specific Commands like "S" to enable subtitles or so ....

Is this possible to configure that on the NEEO Remote ? or with an additional driver ? 

Thanks for any help.

5 answers to this question

On 5/16/2021 at 7:46 PM, Germs said:

Hi ,

i am using Kodi on a HTPC. The reason why i am doing this on an HTPC and not on a Streaming Device is because i need Madvr to work.

Now since Kodi isn't supporting DS Player anymore , i will need to switch to MPC-BE. In order to control if (Play , Stop, Pause , etc..) I will need to send Key Press to to Kodi.

I already have the KODI Driver from Chowmain. What i would need is the "normal" Kodi Buttons to work while in the GUI of Kodi , and while starting a Movie , MPC-BE starts up , and Play/Pause needs to mapped to "Space" and Stop to "X" (for example).

More importantly though to add Specific Commands like "S" to enable subtitles or so ....

Is this possible to configure that on the NEEO Remote ? or with an additional driver ? 

Thanks for any help.

You can use Keymap editor, this is a addon found in the Kodi repository. It allows you to change button presses to exactly what you want. 

On 5/17/2021 at 12:08 PM, Maps001 said:

You can use Keymap editor, this is a addon found in the Kodi repository. It allows you to change button presses to exactly what you want. 

Tried it and can't get it to work. My opinion is it won't work since Kodi is opening a "new window" to play the MPC-BE player which is not linked to Kodi somehow , as it uses it's own controls.

Have you tried to get it to work ? 

Thanks

44 minutes ago, Germs said:

Tried it and can't get it to work. My opinion is it won't work since Kodi is opening a "new window" to play the MPC-BE player which is not linked to Kodi somehow , as it uses it's own controls.

Have you tried to get it to work ? 

Thanks

I’ve used keymap editor and it works. My use case was on an Nvidia shield, in full screen video I wanted it so that when I press back the video will stop instead of playing in the background. To do this I went into the keymap editor addon, then edit then full screen video, then Browser back then you have 5 seconds to press the key you want on the remote. The last step is to go back to the first page of the adding and save config.

Hopefully that gives you an idea of how to get it going, 

21 minutes ago, Maps001 said:

I’ve used keymap editor and it works. My use case was on an Nvidia shield, in full screen video I wanted it so that when I press back the video will stop instead of playing in the background. To do this I went into the keymap editor addon, then edit then full screen video, then Browser back then you have 5 seconds to press the key you want on the remote. The last step is to go back to the first page of the adding and save config.

Hopefully that gives you an idea of how to get it going, 

Strange , that's what i did....

The only other option that could explain it , would be in the System settings of Kodi , and it has something to do with Fullscreen or Window. What do you have there ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.