C4 Forums | Control4

HSIM Vista 20p

oak1

Question

Has any experienced the all zones opening and closing when arming the alarm system? The hsim reports all zones opening and closing regardless where the system was armed. All worked well on older version, but latest v117 causes zones to open/close. I have a bunch of things programmed off sensors so it causes many lights and false positive push notifications (like door opened). Any ideas what to look at? keypad and zone settings seem to be correct.

8 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, oak1 said:

I don't think so, unless ADT Pulse rides on TotalConnect. Cool looks it it just came out recently. I'll give that a shot, thanks.

Huh.  That might be an issue, because ADT pulse might remotely control the security panel using the same connection method that TotalConnect does.  Anyway, maybe give the new driver a shot and see if it helps.

35 minutes ago, oak1 said:

Out of curiosity, are you also using Honeywell TotalConnect to control the panel remotely?

I ask because we've had an ongoing issue with Control4 failing to properly update zones, because we also use TotalConnect with an HSIM and our Vista 128BPT panel.  C4 is aware of the issue and agreed it was a bug that needed to be fixed in the driver.  This might be a moot point by now -- I am still on v115 and am waiting for my dealer to determine whether our bug is fixed in this update.  BTW, it looks like the latest version of the HSIM driver is v118, so you might see if updating to that helps you.

Is anybody still having this issue with v120 released in June 21?  I am just now noticing the Honeywell zones stop reporting after reboots.  I don't reboot that often.  Only a couple of times a year, and only just now noticed the pattern that I have to adjust the zones in my driver to get zones to start reporting again.  Same sounding problem, but I am at HSIM Honeywell v120 driver. 

1 hour ago, myopic said:

Is anybody still having this issue with v120 released in June 21?  I am just now noticing the Honeywell zones stop reporting after reboots.  I don't reboot that often.  Only a couple of times a year, and only just now noticed the pattern that I have to adjust the zones in my driver to get zones to start reporting again.  Same sounding problem, but I am at HSIM Honeywell v120 driver. 

Yes, you are not alone!  However, what you are reporting is actually a different issue than the original subject of this thread.  Originally, even the zone adjustment wouldn't help.  The driver update solved that problem.  Now though, one still has to play the zone adjustment game after every reboot.  The problem is discussed in a bit more detail in this thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.