C4 Forums | Control4

Lock remote to a room? Remove config options?

BubbaDuck

5 hours ago, BubbaDuck said:

What I am trying to do is to "lock" an SR260 remote to a room so the user can't click "list" and change the room it is in or mess with other items - especially factory reset. Is there a way to do this?

Yes. In the sr260 in composer you can configure it for no other rooms. 

3 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Yes. In the sr260 in composer you can configure it for no other rooms. 

Could I ask where? I have been through every menu in Composer Pro and I am not finding it. Or am I being dense and this is buried in Navigators or Programming somewhere?

1 minute ago, BubbaDuck said:

Could I ask where? I have been through every menu in Composer Pro and I am not finding it. Or am I being dense and this is buried in Navigators or Programming somewhere?

Select the remote and it's in the properties. Don't remember the exact name of it. But you press the button and it brings up a room picker. Uncheck the rooms you don't want to show on remote in list nav. 

Negatory Ghost Rider. If you hit select on the remote on the room that is the "Quick Select Room" it drops you to the top level of the tree and you can choose any room you want. Plus, the user can still reset to factory. It sounds like what I want to do isn't possible short of super glue in the List button. Here's a video of what I'm seeing in case I am totally off base.

I believe you're correct, the SR250/SR260 doesn't have the ability to lock to a room.

The Control4 Neeo remote and the T3's do, although the Neeo's access control functionality is a bit more limited, you *can* lock it to the room.

RyanE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.