C4 Forums | Control4

Smart Home networks are easy to hack

I cannot answer that question that is just one way it keeps up with the threats CVEs stand for code vulnerabilities exposure list. That is a database where anytime a new type of hack is done it is updated. So whether your router has a published one or not, I do not think that matters.

@msgreenf Thanks for the feedback and it is a real company, The Product being questionable is understandable from your perspective as a first time user, which makes sense. That is fine, If you have any question you can always ask ?

Here is a most recent article about What is Simius and why it is the future, for more information about the product.

3 hours ago, chiuu said:

Please take your hostility somewhere else, that is your opinion  and that comes from your view of the world. If you want to use it, use it, if you do not fine by me.

You flat out started this thread on a false premise. So no, don't think I'll take my 'hostility' elsewhere.

Don't think for a moment you have the moral high ground here.

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

it's a real company @Cyknight - but that doesn't mean the product isn't questionable

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/simius

With all due respect, but that listing means jack-ass. I see no company registration, and it's headquarters is 'Southern US'.

But yeah, it could well be an actual company - that doesn't mean a thing. SCAMware is not illegal either. It's just immoral.

https://www.weber.edu/iso/threat_scamware.html

7 hours ago, chiuu said:

If you have any questions ask ?.

Yeh, I have a question. Why do you think these sales tactics work? 

You're obviously trying to force feed information that wasn't asked for.

Do you realize how bad that could backfire? Do you realize there might be people with strong relations in Cyber community that might have looked at your website to determine you're nothing more than an over priced pen test that hasn't been fully developed and should be ignored?

@msgreenfIf you are someone with over 15+ years in cybersecurity and you talk about the designs of control4 whether hardware design, you would know that there are always multiple variations of hack. You can bash it all you want at some point you asked about the cost to know exactly it works.

You haven't been able to explain what your product does beyond the vulnerability scan of your router and public ip. So please enlighten us as to the value you can add. Are you connected to some of the sinkhole networks and trying to determine the traffic coming off my network is infected or part of a botnet?

@msgreenfi never said I was the founder, and even if I did know how it works internally that information is proprietary which I will not be at liberty to disclose just like someone here earlier started control4 is. I understand your point of view and to me that is fine. Take care.

1 minute ago, chiuu said:

@msgreenfi never said I was the founder, and even if I did know how it works internally that information is proprietary which I will not be at liberty to disclose just like someone here earlier started control4 is. I understand your point of view and to me that is fine. Take care.

Your'e a frigging underpowered over priced Pen Test.  There's nothing proprietary except the fact there are better known varieties available.

that is funny that you are calling control4 snake oil - ok....

Your "product" doesn't exist. You can't find one review of it on the Internet - dude - just go away....

And what is your role at the company "you read an article" but clearly as the post has revealed you are part of the company...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.