C4 Forums | Control4

Chime Doorbell Cloud Recordings?

Hi there,

Pretty new to all this stuff as I just got my new home integrated with some small things, one of those things being the PoE version of the Chime Doorbell. I'm trying to take it easy on my dealer as I've overwhelmed him with so many questions and requests, I'd figured I'd leave the not-so-important concerns for this forum.

I was reading up on the Chime's original marketing that stated:

"Chime stores 7 days worth of video recordings in the Cloud for playback through the mobile app or Control4 touchscreens. For more comprehensive surveillance systems, you can pair Chime to record a local NVR for access to recording beyond 7 days."

I was wondering, if anyone who's used the Chime so far knows where to access said recordings, or is this a feature that has not been implemented yet?

My issue is, albeit my Chime works fine for doorbell presses, I haven't figured out how to get motion alerts set up (they don't even show up in the app, only doorbell button presses do)... and also, when doorbell presses do show up in my history, it generates 3 snapshots per 1 press?

Your expertise is much appreciated, and if there's anything you think I should be asking my dealer instead, do not be shy to tell me to do so. haha

Thanks in advance!

Recordings, if the chime is set up to make them, show up under history. Unfortunately the settings for snapshot/video are only accessible in the HTML page of the driver - and that is currently not available in HE - these settings may be available in the Chime's web-interface but unsure.

Same for the 3 snapshots - you can set press or motion up for either snapshots (and set how many) or for a short video (seconds settable).

Motion isn't automatically set to give you a notification, but the motion sensor driver should have been auto loaded and available, you can add a 'regular' push notification on a motion trigger, but note that you'll want to do some testing and tweaking on the motion - depending on the aim of the Chime, you may be getting a lot of false motion triggers and thus get overwhelmed with notifications. The motion settings should be available in the web-interface.

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

Recordings, if the chime is set up to make them, show up under history. Unfortunately the settings for snapshot/video are only accessible in the HTML page of the driver - and that is currently not available in HE - these settings may be available in the Chime's web-interface but unsure.

Same for the 3 snapshots - you can set press or motion up for either snapshots (and set how many) or for a short video (seconds settable).

Motion isn't automatically set to give you a notification, but the motion sensor driver should have been auto loaded and available, you can add a 'regular' push notification on a motion trigger, but note that you'll want to do some testing and tweaking on the motion - depending on the aim of the Chime, you may be getting a lot of false motion triggers and thus get overwhelmed with notifications. The motion settings should be available in the web-interface.

I read about the HTML settings missing from HE and found the /setup/network/network_streaming.html link in another thread. I was able to set up my motion zones in there, and change some stream settings, but there is nothing in there regarding recordings or notifications. Is there another HTML settings page that can't be found in what I'm accessing?

1 hour ago, Tronny said:

I read about the HTML settings missing from HE and found the /setup/network/network_streaming.html link in another thread. I was able to set up my motion zones in there, and change some stream settings, but there is nothing in there regarding recordings or notifications. Is there another HTML settings page that can't be found in what I'm accessing?

I noticed that post, and no what you are seeing is NOT the same HTML page in the driver.

Note that one is an HTML properties page that is in the DRIVER (a relatively recent addition to drivers in general that is mostly a more user friendly interface than the basic old properties page with more setup options available), not a web-interface on the Chime.

In fact I doubt those snapshot/video recording settings are going to be available anywhere on the Chime itself now that I think about it some more - they are likely a driver function, not a device function.

14 hours ago, Cyknight said:

I noticed that post, and no what you are seeing is NOT the same HTML page in the driver.

Note that one is an HTML properties page that is in the DRIVER (a relatively recent addition to drivers in general that is mostly a more user friendly interface than the basic old properties page with more setup options available), not a web-interface on the Chime.

In fact I doubt those snapshot/video recording settings are going to be available anywhere on the Chime itself now that I think about it some more - they are likely a driver function, not a device function.

I upgraded to Composer HE 3.2.2 and now it seems the driver properties page is appearing. I do have to say though, this properties panel has a lot less settings than the HTML page directly on the Chime does. The sections are similar, but it seems many of the more advanced settings remain hidden on the device's GUI via that backdoor link. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.